Wattpad for PC – How to use for Free on Windows 10, Mac
Table of Contents
Use the Wattpad app on PC. Discover the social storytelling platform that connects a global community of 90 million readers and writers through the power of story. Download it today to start reading or writing original stories.
What is the Wattpad PC app?
With Wattpad for PC, you can discover millions of eBooks on every genre that is out there and add them to your reading list. Not only that, but you can also follow your favorite writers and get notified whenever they publish something. Coming to the writing part, you can create your own book and publish it on their platform. Users can also private message with others.
You can read, write, and communicate with other writers on WATTPAD for Windows app; the goal is to get their own work out in the public sphere. Writing is published in serialized chapters and organized by genres, ranging from “werewolf” to “spiritual.” There also are a few classics available to read, as well as works by popular published authors.
Most chapters contain only a few pages, but there are hundreds of new works posted daily, and total reads occasionally hit the million mark. Beyond writing, kids can start a book club to encourage readership of their own work or a favorite genre, enter contests to earn a Watty award, and aspire to actually get published with partner Sourcebooks. Top writers may even be brought into the Wattpad Stars program that can further their publishing goals. Submissions are nearly all in English, but site translation in nearly 50 languages supports writers and content from across the globe.
Should you use it
As a platform for young adult writers to hone their writing skills, develop leadership, and even move toward a career in writing, Wattpad is awesome. Its basic tools let kids save, edit, and publish with ease and are topped off with fun features such as dedications, links to book trailer videos, and the ability to upload covers. Help for newbies comes in the form of specialty clubs including Improve Your Writing and Multimedia Designs, although some more concrete writing resources would be a nice addition.
The range of content appropriateness is massive. There was a high school party, the main character’s two friends were drunk, the main character had found her boyfriend in bed with another girl, the main character alluding to her bisexuality, physical abuse from the main character’s ex-boyfriend, a drunken fight, and profanity. All in 5 minutes of reading
However, I also came across a lovely collection of poems and an interesting medical sci-fi novel.
Comments on stories can be anything. Any user can comment on a Wattpad PC app story, and it doesn’t appear that the author can moderate comments. Therefore, if your child posts a story, then they may be criticized and subject to inappropriate language. If your child reads a story and looks at the comments, then they will be exposed to inappropriate language.
Labels for sexual content aren’t moderated. Wattpad expects that authors will mark their story as mature if it contains the following themes: explicit sex scenes, self-harm, and graphic violence.
- Report a user: Go to the user’s page and tap the three dots in the top-right hand corner and tap ‘Report’, then select the reason you want to report the user, enter the reason then tap ‘Report’.
- Mute a user: Go to the user’s page and tap the three dots in the top-right hand corner and tap ‘Mute’, confirm by selecting the ‘Mute’ option again. To mute a user means that the account will not be able to follow you, send messages, post on your profile, or comment on your stories.
- Do not track: If enabled with this tool, a 3rd party will stop collecting your user information. You will need to get to your account, first tap the three lines in the top left-hand corner then tap ‘View profile’. Tap the settings icon located in the top-right hand corner then tap ‘Privacy Settings’. Here you can toggle on or off the ‘Do not track’ function.
How to Install the Wattpad app on Windows and Mac
- You will need an Android emulator on your PC, I will recommend the BlueStacks or NoxPlayer.
- Complete the installation of the emulator on your PC by following the on-screen instructions.
- Open the PlayStore app from the home screen of the emulator.
- You will be asked to log in using your Google ID.
- Search for the Wattpad app
- Click on the install button to get the app on your PC.
Also use this app on your smartphone as your prime reading app, follow this LINK.