Viki for PC – Download free on Windows 10, Mac
Table of Contents
Use the Viki app on your PC. Watch all your favorite subtitled Asian dramas, movies, and TV shows from Korea, Mainland China, Taiwan, Japan, and Thailand anytime, anywhere, with Rakuten Viki.
What is the Viki PC app?
Korean-drama-app-for-android Viki is a big name in Korean drama. In fact, you may have already enjoyed it online or via your Roku. You might not know, however, that Viki is also available for Android devices.
For most Americans, especially those in the Gen Z and Millennial cohorts, the communal experience of watching a movie in a theater with an audience, or gathering around the TV set with family and friends, is as quaint and historically remote as the Model T automobile.
Viki for PC app is an on-demand video streaming service that promotes and distributes Asian content worldwide. It differs from its competitors in the video streaming market by offering a community-oriented approach that has made it popular with young consumers.
Viki’s programming — which largely comes from China, Japan, South Korea, and Taiwan — is subtitled and translated into over 150 languages by a team of crowdsourced viewers. These community subtitlers can also interact online to contribute to the Viki community and provide comments throughout shows that guide subscribers’ viewing. The service encourages users that aren’t native speakers to study Chinese, Japanese, and Korean with its Learn mode.
Subtitling options for the Android app are remarkable; they’re available in 200+ languages because they’re submitted by users. Note that not all languages are available for all programs, but regardless of what language you want to see subtitles in, you’re likely to find a program that offers subtitles in that language.
Another awesome feature of the Viki for Windows app is that you can actually chat with other users as you watch, which is a great way to connect with other K-drama fans and possibly other Korean students.
What you can get
- The platform streams premium licensed content in a similar way that Hulu does in U.S. markets. The site then puts the content on one of its channels, and the content can be subtitled by community volunteers.
- Viki was the first platform for real-time subtitling and sharing of videos of all content types.
- Community members can subtitle their favorite videos in their preferred languages, under a Creative Commons license using Viki’s subtitling technology, enabling individuals to collaborate globally, in dozens of languages at once.
- The subtitling software developed for the company allows many volunteers to translate a video concurrently in up to 160 languages.
- It also syndicates its shows with fan-generated subtitles to partners such as Hulu, Netflix, and Yahoo!, and receives fees and revenue from those distributors.
- Of the approximately 200 language subtitles available on the site, roughly 50 of these are vulnerable or endangered languages.
|Number of TV shows and films||149 shows and 16 movies|
Viki supported devices
The app is available on mobile phones and, tablets, Windows PC, and streaming devices that are compatible with its app, including:
- Amazon Fire TV
- Android phones and tablets
- Android TV
- Apple phones and tablets
- Apple TV
- Google Chromecast
- Create a personal list to save your favorite shows and watch them at a later time.
- Engage with other users by leaving a comment on a video at a certain point in time.
- Join the discussion and rate shows out of 10. Submit a review to help other Viki users decide if they should watch the show or movie.
- Use the feature on the media player to learn multiple languages, including Korean, Chinese, and Japanese.
- Access KOCOWA with Pass Plus to watch Asian TV and movies from KBS, SBS, and MBC.
- Rakuten legally licenses all of its content.
How to Install the Viki app on Windows and Mac
- You will need to install the BlueStacks emulator on your PC.
- Complete the installation of the emulator by following the on-screen instructions.
- After the installation is complete open the PlayStore app.
- Search for the Viki app, click on the install button.
- Log in using your Google ID to start the download process.
You can watch you favorite K drama on your smartphone with Viki.