Table of Contents
Get the TurboTax app on PC. Get your taxes done right anytime from anywhere. Seamlessly switch between your device and securely pick up right where you left off when it’s convenient for you.
What is the TurboTax PC app
Personal tax preparation software and online services have radically changed the way Americans file their income taxes. Rather than scribbling on a handful of IRS forms and schedules that you grabbed at the public library. You’re now more likely to turn to dedicated applications that have streamlined and simplified the process.
While you’ll usually need to input your tax forms on a desktop or laptop, certain versions of TurboTax may allow you to input your tax forms by using your smartphone. You just snap a photo of your W-2 and the information automatically populates.
TurboTax for PC app guarantees the accuracy or they’ll pay your IRS or state penalty and interest charges due that are caused by a TurboTax calculation error. While we don’t recommend going toe-to-toe with the IRS, for beginners, this is a major plus. It also guarantees the largest refund or smallest tax amount due based on your circumstances, and it offers audit support from tax professionals all year long.
Why you should use this app
TurboTax for Windows app was developed in 1984 by Intuit, the company behind the popular suite of Quicken accounting software. Today it is the most widely used tax software available. We chose it as the best overall due to its ease of use, live support options, and purpose-based pricing.
TurboTax Tax Return app makes it easy for first-time or inexperienced tax filers to get started. Users are first asked to choose their situation, like “I want to maximize deductions and credits,” “I have a job and received a W-2,” etc. This helps the platform determine which pricing plan is right for the user. The software then uses plain-language questions to walk users through every part of the tax filing process and includes quick explanations of confusing terms or processes.
TurboTax app for PC also offers many other conveniences, including importing a PDF of a previous return to start a new return, importing W-2 and 1099 forms by snapping a picture of them, and the ability to file taxes using the TurboTax mobile app. Users also have the option to get their return reviewed by a CPA or agent before they file as well as unlimited live tax advice for an extra fee.
The platform offers a variety of pricing plans. Users can choose from one of four DIY TurboTax plans or four TurboTax Live plans. Fees for all plans are only due at the time of filing.
TurboTax’s prices for federal returns have remained the same for the 2020 tax year, though the cost of state returns has gone up to $5, to $50 each. The company is once again offering its Free Edition. New this year: Through February 21, 2121, you can get an expert review of your return through TurboTax Live Basic at no cost if you have a simple return.
TurboTax Deluxe costs $60 for federal taxes. It adds Schedule A, so you can determine whether you’ll itemize or take this year’s standard deduction. You’ll need TurboTax Premier ($90 for federal taxes) if you have to report on investment income and rental property; this version has been improved for 2020 to meet the more sophisticated needs of investors. TurboTax Self-Employed ($120 federal) lets you record income and expenses on a Schedule C and includes special guidance and features for self-employed individuals—along with a year’s subscription to
- The leader in the tax preparation software industry
- Well-designed software with a great user experience
- Different package options to choose from based on your needs
- Easy information upload and import options
- Guarantees for accuracy and maximum refund
- Except for the free version, software prices are usually higher than competitors
- Free and low priced packages don’t work for complicated tax situations
- Talking to a CPA or EA requires a higher-priced TurboTax Live package
- Your tax situation may upgrade the online version of the software but not tell you the final price until you file
How to Install the TurboTax Return app on Windows and Mac
- You will need an Android emulator on your PC, I will recommend the BlueStacks or NoxPlayer.
- Run the .exe file on your PC to complete the installation of the emulator.
- Open the emulator and look for the PlayStore app.
- You will be asked to log in using your Google ID.
- Search for the TurboTax Tax Return app.
- Click on the install button to complete the download of the app on your PC.
You can also use the app on your smartphone to file for tax returns. follow this LINK.