Install Free TP-Link Tether For PC – Windows 10, Mac
Table of Contents
TP-Link Tether on PC provides the easiest way to access and manage your TP-Link Router/ xDSL Router/ Range Extender with your mobile devices. In this article, you will learn how to download and use the app on your Windows and Mac PCs
What is TP-Link Tether for the PC app?
The standard web interface of the router menu is not very comfortable to use from a mobile device. The letters and symbols are too small so you have to zoom in and out all the time. However, TP-Link has released TP-LINK Tether – a very good application for smartphones and tablet PCs to make router configuration easier. You can use it to view the device information and connection settings, manage your Wi-Fi router, and modify the settings.
From setup to parental control, to media sharing, the TP-LINK Tether PC app provides a simple, intuitive user interface to see what the status of the router is, who’s online and what their privileges are. Unique to Tether, from PC-based web management tools, is its DLNA compatibility, which allows users to stream media from a flash disk connected to their router onto their client devices..
Tether works with TP-LINK routers out of the box, which allows users to set up and manages their networks from start to finish in an intuitive, easy-to-use user interface. Users can set administrators and manage other client devices on the network, making it easy for parents or network admins to monitor kids or staff online behavior, setting schedules for internet access, and providing a ‘safe list’ of websites that can be accessed via a certain device.
The app also lets admins see who is accessing the network in real-time and prevent access from unknown users or bandwidth hogs. Perhaps the most sought-after feature of the Tether app is its DLNA functions, allowing users to access content from USB flash or hard drives connected to their routers and stream that content to their iOS and Android devices, providing flexible access to media, without taking up space on their client devices.
How Do I Log Into My TP-Link Tether for Windows
- Go to your device, such as PC or smartphone wireless settings. Select the network of your router
- Open the tether app. You can tap the router icon. After that, you will be prompted to change your password or login.
- For default login deatils, use admin. The setup will automatically launch.
- You can choose an internet connection. Review the network name and password then save or change credentials.
- When done, you’ll see “success.” A message that is displayed at the bottom.
- Once you complete the process, you have cloud / remote access to your router through the Tether App.
How to Install the TP-Link Tether app on Windows and Mac
- Download and Install an Android emulator on your PC, I will recommend BlueStacks or NoxPlayer
- Complete the installation process of the emulator
- Open the emulator and log in using your Google ID
- Now Open the PlayStore app from the home screen of the emulator
- Search for the TP-Link Tether app, and locate the app
- Click on the install button to complete the download