Having problems using the TikTok app, Well you can use TikTok Lite app on PC and use it to watch your favorite videos on a bigger screen. In this article, you will learn how to use the app on your Windows and Mac PCs
What is TikTok lite PC app?
In early August 2018, Bytemod Pte Ltd or ByteDance, TikTok’s makers, quietly rolled out a lighter version of the app. Going by the name of TikTok Lite, the app was initially limited to a few South-East Asian countries. Now it’s available in many Asian as well as African regions and has been downloaded over 7 million times.
TikTok Lite for PC is an app that is specially designed for developing countries that have slower internet speed. From the app size to the cache size, the system demand for the app is very low. This will ensure better performance and a better experience for the user.
Usually, the lite versions of apps remove the clutter and provide just the core functions. Though the app description for TikTok Lite for Windows promises a creative studio (and many things more), the Upload function doesn’t work. A major deal-breaker, I’d say. TikTok Lite lets you see the people who’ve recreated a particular song or video, but when it comes to recording one, the option is absent.
TikTok app offers plenty of functions like Duet, React, Save Video, Share as GIF, Favorites, and Live Photos. This is in addition to the standard Android sharing options like Share to Facebook, Share on Instagram, etc. As you may have expected, TikTok Lite cuts down on these features too and gives you only two options Copy Link and Report. While the absence of features like Duet and React make sense, it would have been great if simple options like Favorites and Share as GIFs were also present.
So, if you intend to binge-watch TikTok videos for fun, then the lite app is your best option. All you have to do is swipe up on the videos to cycle through them. Theoretically, it should work on phones with slower data speeds as well. But if you are a die-hard TikTok fan who loves to edit and upload videos frequently, continue using the TikTok app.
- TikTok app carries about 182MB in file size on installation and eventually hoards more space (app data + cache ) depending on your usage. At present, the app measures over 300MB on my phone.
- The TikTok app has a circular icon with a black background.
- TikTok app boasts of an endless array of sounds, visual effects, and transitions that are impressive. If you like a specific video, you can make your own version by tapping on Album Art > Record.
- TikTok Lite is smaller at 30MB. Clubbing the app data and cache data rakes up its storage size to around 125MB.
- The Lite version carries a square one with a white background.
- The lite versions of apps remove the clutter and provide just the core functions. Though the app description for TikTok Lite promises a creative studio (and many things more), the Upload function doesn’t work. Tap on the Upload option in TikTok Lite displays a message that the upload function will be introduced in a later update.
How to download TikTok lite on Windows and Mac
- To begin, install BlueStacks or NoxPlayer emulator on the PC
- Once the emulator is launched, click on the PlayStore app in the emulator
- Search for: TikTok Lite app and locate it
- You will see search result for the TikTok Lite app just install it
- Login to your Google account to download apps from Google Play on Bluestacks
- After login, the installation process will start for the app