The Weather Channel for PC- Use for Free on Windows 10 and Mac
Table of Contents
Download the Weather Channel app on PC. Get live radar updates, snowstorm alerts, and check weather conditions on the go. Use it on your Windows and Mac PCs as well.
What is the Weather Channel PC app
Launched on May 2, 1982, the channel broadcasts weather forecasts and weather-related news and analysis, along with documentaries and entertainment programming related to weather. A sister network, Weatherscan, is a digital cable and satellite service that offers 24-hour automated local forecasts and radar imagery.
The Weather Channel’s free, ad-supported weather app is available on Android and iOS. The TWC app provides you with a wealth of meteorological data such as temperature, wind, and visibility on an hourly or daily basis, with an extended 10-day forecast available. Interactive maps can display the latest Doppler radar data to show rainfall and weather events and severe weather alerts. The Weather Channel also includes social sharing features for users to upload images, tweets, videos, and photos.
What to expect
Your main screen shows the current temperature and conditions displayed over a large, bright photograph. The image is, usually, selected to match your current location, but it frequently draws from stock images. From here, you can also see what conditions other Weather Channel for Windows users are reporting and when the next round of precipitation is likely to occur.
The rest of The Weather Channel for PC app is displayed down a vertically oriented column of panels. As you move down, a handy arrow appears that zooms your view back to the top when tapped. Unfortunately, The Weather Channel does not allow you to remove or reorient panels in the app, meaning you’ll have to scroll all the way down if you’re looking for something specific.
While the main page is for taking a fast glance at current conditions, the rest of the app digs into nitty-gritty details. You’ll see the temperature, position of the sun, sunrise and sunset times, wind speed and direction, humidity, dew point, barometric pressure, and current UV index. The app also includes Hourly and Daily forecast panels that can be expanded to show more detailed information. Notably, the Daily forecast extends out to 15 days. A Health section includes information about airborne allergens and illness.
Live weather radar, weather maps, the forecast for blizzard and rain, and an accurate storm tracker – available wherever you are. Get the local weather info you need to prepare for what’s ahead: a snowstorm, an early blizzard, or blue skies. Living in an area prone to severe weather? The Weather Channel’s storm radar and severe weather alerts have got you covered. it provides an accurate weather forecast to help you plan up to 15 days in advance, with NOAA alerts and severe weather recommendations
- Weather maps & weather forecast news give you what you need to know. See what to expect before setting foot outside, from temperature to wind chills.
- NOAA alerts, a storm tracker, weather forecast up to 48 hours, and live radar ensures you’re not caught in a storm!
- Daily temperature and weather maps let you know if you need to bring a light jacket or your umbrella.
- Stay prepared during extreme weather and earthquakes.
- Live radar and alerts from our tornado and storm tracker: all you need to stay alert.
- Snow and Storm tracker: our live radar helps you track extreme weather.
How to Install The Weather Channel app on Windows and Mac
- You can install an Android emulator on your PC, I will recommend the BlueStacks or NoxPlayer.
- Run the .exe file on your PC and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
- After the installation is complete open the emulator and look for the PlayStore app
- You will be asked to log in using your Google ID.
- Search for The Weather Channel app
- Click on the install button to get the app on your PC.
You can use the app on your smartphone to stay updated with the latest weather update, follow this LINK.