Table of Contents
Download the TextNow app on your PC and Make unlimited free phone calls to any phone number in the US & Canada. The app comes with a few ads. If you don’t like ads, you can purchase a premium subscription to remove them.
TextNow on PC is a unique service provider. It offers inexpensive plans that you can use on an unlocked phone of your own. You can also purchase a phone through the platform.
What is the TextNow PC app?
The TextNow for PC app allows you to seamlessly make calls on your computer or tablet. You can use your phone as well as using their free Wi-Fi-only option. If you want to be able to use their service without Wi-Fi, you will need to purchase a plan.
It has millions of customers, but it’s still a small fish in the big pond that is the telecommunications industry. The company definitely doesn’t have the money to go building a cellular network from scratch.
So, what carrier does TextNow For Windows use to give its customers service? It actually uses two networks: Sprint and T-Mobile. As stated above, customers on the free plan will have access to Sprint’s network. Other customers will have access to either Sprint or T-Mobile, depending on their device
The app is a mobile virtual network operator or MVNO. This means that it piggybacks on other cellular providers in order to offer you phone service. The app is free to download, and it also promises you a free phone number that you can use for online calls and texting.
If you want an ad-free experience, you can pay $9.99 per month. That also nets you voicemail transcription and unlimited photo and video history.
As for data, TextNow offers two options: 2GB per month for $19.99 or unlimited for $39.99. Those rates are competitive, though if you want a plan that includes data, there are cheaper options. Tello, for example, offers 2GB for $14 per month, while Unreal Mobile gives you 3GB for $20. Both included unlimited calls and messages, same as TextNow.
Some of the features of TextNow include:
- Making and receiving voice calls
- Using emojis and stickers
- Sending pictures
- Caller ID
- Voicemail transcription
- Call forwarding
- Customizable tones
- Unified inbox for messages inside and outside of TextNow
- Floating chat
- Seamlessly make calls from all your devices with the TextNow website and app
How to Install TextNow app on Windows and Mac
- You will need an Android emulator on your PC, I will recommend BlueStacks or NoxPlayer
- Run the .exe file on your PC, it will start the installation process and you will just have to follow the on-screen instructions
- The installation might take some time depending upon your internet connection
- Open the emulator and look for the PlayStore app on the home screen
- You will have to Log in using your Google ID
- Search for the TextNow app and click on the install button to complete the process.
Use the app on your smartphone as well, just follow the official PlayStore LINK.