Telegram for PC- How to use Free on Windows 10, Mac
Table of Contents
Download the Telegram app on PC. It is the fastest messaging app on the market, connecting people via a unique, distributed network of data centers around the globe.
Why the Telegram PC app
When compared to renowned instant messaging apps such as WhatsApp or Facebook Messenger, Telegram for PC might seem like the underdog. However, the Russian platform is anything but with its user base of roughly 300 million. If you are not yet familiar with it, a few questions might be going through your mind right now.
Telegram for Windows is an online messaging app that works just like popular messaging apps WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger. This means that you can use it to send messages to your friends when connected to Wi-Fi or your mobile data. Telegram is cloud-based and claims that it prioritizes security and speed, making it a good alternative to other popular messaging apps. The service launched in 2013, and since then it has reached 200 million active monthly users.
Telegram’s stand out feature is its encryption scheme that keeps messages and media secure in transit. The scheme is known as MTProto and is based on 256-bit AES encryption, RSA encryption, and Diffie-Hellman key exchange. The result of this complicated and technical-sounding jargon? A messaging service that claims to keep your data safe.
Secret Chats are one of the service’s additional security features; it allows messages to be sent with client-to-client encryption. This setup means that, unlike regular messages, these secret messages can only be accessed from the device’s that initiated and accepted the chat. Additionally, Telegram notes that secret chats leave no trace on the company’s services and offer a self-destruct timer.
Messages in the Cloud
Like most other modern-day messaging clients, the Telegram PC app lets you store your messages in the cloud; in this instance, Telegram provides the cloud. The transmission of any messages follows the company’s encryption protocol to remain secure. Additionally, sent messages can be edited up to 48 hours after they’ve been initially sent and can be deleted at any time. The Telegram Cloud also lets you send media files up to 2GB in size.
Bots were added to the service in 2015 and allowed third-party developers to create chatbots that can simulate conversations with real folks on Telegram. Programmed bots can respond to messages and accept payment information for transactions. Similar in nature to Facebook’s bots, Telegram bots can be used by businesses as an alternative method of customer service, as well as by any individual who has a bit of time to code. One item worth noting is that bots can potentially read all messages within a group is added, something to consider if you are attempting to keep your account secure.
How to use it
Telegram for PC can be used and installed just like other messaging apps. You can download it from Apple’s App Store or from Google’s Play Store – look for the paper airplane logo. After flipping through the welcome screen, you’ll be prompted to enter your phone number and then add your name and a picture. The next step is to find friends and start a chat.
The app can be used on smartphones, tablets, laptops, and desktop computers. Telegram is available for Android, iOS, Windows Phone, Windows NT, macOS, and Linux.
- Telegram is super easy to use and doesn’t make communication a hassle for anyone.
- Free, easy to use, stable, seamlessly integrates text, images, and video formats. Basically, pretty great for everything but live streaming (audio or video).
- it’s a great app, works seamlessly everywhere on every kind of phone, tablet, and computer. You are safe storing your chat with Telegram as they are on the cloud and I can access them whenever I want.
- During the last Hong Kong protest the feature of Telegram that allows seeing the contacts that are already in your phone contacts may have been exploited to identify the participants in the protest.
- I am an employee of a beverage manufacturing company and my team always complained about the loss of production information such as videos, images or data sheets in a competing application.
- I cant think of anything in specific other than maybe lack of features or lack of major user base. I use facebook messenger for more text communication and discord for most online voice communication.
How to Install the Telegram app on Windows and Mac
- You will need an Android emulator on your PC, I will recommend the BlueStacks or NoxPlayer
- Complete the installation of the emulator, whichever you may choose.
- Open the emulator and look for the PlayStore app on the home screen.
- You will have to log in using your Google ID.
- Search for the Telegram app
- Click on the install button to start the process.
You can also use this app on your smartphone for contacting your friends and family, click on this LINK.