Step Teen Banking for PC – Use for Free on Windows 10, Mac
Table of Contents
Download the Step Teen Banking app on your PC. Step gives families and teens the tools to manage their money while learning financial literacy and independence at an earlier age.
What is the Step Teen Banking PC app?
Teaching teens about money and sound financial management eventually comes down to them using real money.
There’s a fine line to walk for parents because you don’t want to give your teen too much money so that they become irresponsible. On the other hand, you want to give them enough that they have something feasible to manage and are able to set goals.
The Step Teen Banking for PC is a fintech app that is meant to help teens transition into real money management. It allows parents to view spending activity on their teen’s app (via the parent account) and even sends money to their teen. While Step isn’t a full-blown checking account, it does have many checking account features. In this article, we’ll run through they are and who Step is most likely for.
What does it offer?
Built for Gen Z, Step provides transparent, digitally native financial products to millions of teens with Junior Achievement (JA) reporting that 34% are currently unbanked. The Step Teen Banking for Windows is designed to support teens from the beginning of their financial journey. The Step Card combines the secured spending limits of a debit card with the protections of a credit card –– all rolled into one account.
The Step teen banking app lets teenagers learn how to manage money while simultaneously strengthening their credit scores. This is a feature we’ve yet to see in other teen bank accounts, and it means your teen will be one step ahead of the rest when it’s time to get a credit card, take out a student loan or get auto insurance.
But the account currently doesn’t offer ATM access or mobile deposit features. If your teen needs access to cash, you’ll want to explore other teen checking account options.
- Ditch the fees: The step was built to always put the customer first –– removing monthly, overdraft, ATM, and late fees with no minimum balance required.
- Learn smart money habits: Step dynamically tracks card balances, reminding users of their remaining balance each time they make a transaction. Parents also have visibility into their teen’s spending to help guide their financial future.
- Build positive credit: The step helps kick-start teens’ financial futures early by building up their credit history to help lower the cost of auto insurance, student loans, and more.
- Send and receive money instantly: With a unique P2P payments platform, the Step App enables parents and teens to send and receive the money within seconds for an allowance, trip to the mall, and more.
- Start earning today: Teens can earn unlimited rewards through Step’s referral program by sharing a unique link with friends and family earning $1 for each signup. Users can double their earnings by joining the Step Squad.
Another standout feature is that your teen gets notified of their remaining balance each time they use their card, which helps them visualize their spending and plan out their remaining balance. There are also no fees or risks of overspending and overdrafting on the account.
How to become a member of the Step Squad
The Step Squad is simply an affiliate program for people who have actually tried the app and gotten a few successful referrals.
By joining the Step Squad, you get $2 per referral instead of $1, but there are a few minimum requirements to join.
To become a Step Squad member, you must:
- Have 3 successful referrals
- Send 1 peer-to-peer payment with the Step app
- Use your Step card to make 1 transaction
These requirements are fairly easy to achieve, so you should definitely try to make it happen if you’re attempting to make money from Step. Regular referrals are nice, but it just makes sense to make double the amount per referral.
How to Install the Step Teen Banking app on Windows and Mac
- You will need to install an Android emulator on your PC, I will recommend the BlueStacks or NoxPlayer emulator.
- Install the Android emulator of your choice, and after the installation is complete open the emulator.
- Look for the PlayStore app on the home screen.
- Search for the Step Teen Banking app and click on the install button.
- You will need to log in using your Google ID to start the download process.
You can use the Step Teen Banking app in your smartphone as well.