How to use Stash for PC free – Windows 10, Mac
Table of Contents
Download the Stash app on PC. It is one of the best apps if you want to invest your money. You can now download this Android exclusive app on your Windows and Mac PCs.
What is The Stash PC app
Stash for PC app (also known as Stash Invest) is an iOS and Android app that allows investors to start investing with as little as $0.01 worth of any stock or fund on the platform stocks worth over $1,000 have a $0.05 minimum. It offers users the ability to buy fractional shares in a curated selection of exchange-traded funds (ETFs). They offer thousands of ETFs and single stocks.
If you’re only looking to invest (and do your banking elsewhere), Stash has a slight edge because it offers more flexibility. The app account holders can invest in hundreds of individual stocks and ETFs. With Acorns, your investment choices are limited to five ETF portfolios.
It is an investment app that aims to make the process of selecting investments specifically stocks and exchange-traded funds quick and easy for beginners. It costs $1 per month for a brokerage account plus access to the app’s online bank account and debit card, which includes a rewards program. The minimum balance is $0, and because Stash offers fractional investing, you can buy portions of a company’s stock or a fund share for pennies.
Stash for Windows offers other account options, too. For $3 a month, you get the brokerage and bank accounts, plus a retirement account either a Roth or traditional IRA. For $9 a month, The platform offers all of the above, plus two custodial accounts for minors, a metal debit card (rather than plastic), a turbocharged rewards program, and a monthly investment research report.
- SIPC Protection: Your funds with Stash are covered by the Securities Investor Protection Corporation (SIPC) through the clearing agency
- Third-Party Clearing Agency: Investments with Stash are held through the Apex Clearing Corporation. Apex is the firm that handles the custody of assets, reporting, trade confirmation, settlement, and securities delivery in Stash.
- Fractional Shares: It allows you to hold fractional shares, meaning you can hold less than one complete share in your portfolio. This comes in handy with expensive stocks, such as Amazon, which costs more than $100 per share.
- Education You will be provided with in-app and email education to help investors learn the basics.
- Security The platform is a Registered Investment Advisor and is regulated by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). The app uses 256-bit bank-grade encryption to secure your information. It also uses a secure sockets layer (SSL) to protect information sent between Stash and its servers. Also, Stash does not store your bank login information.
- Smart-Save Smart-Save is a feature that calculates when you’ve got spare cash, then saves a small percent of it. You can adjust your savings rate and withdraw at any time. All savings in your Stash account will earn interest.
- Helpful automatic saving and investing tools
- Fractional share investing starting at 1 cent
- Portfolio suggestions built to match your risk level
- No trade fees or commissions
- The flat monthly fee is on the high side, especially for smaller accounts
- No wealth management services
How to Install the Stash app on Windows and Mac
- You will need to install an Android emulator on your PC, I will recommend the BlueStacks or NoxPlayer.
- Run the .exe file on your PC to complete the installation of the emulator on your PC.
- After the installation is complete open the emulator and look for the PlayStore app.
- Log in using your Google ID
- Search for the Stash app.
- Click on the install button to get the app on your PC.
You can use the app on your smartphone as well, just click on the Link to download the app.