How to use free STARZ for PC – Windows 10, Mac
Table of Contents
Download the STARZ app on PC. Designed to be the ultimate fan experience, the app lets you download full movies and shows and watch them off-line, anytime, anywhere.
What is the STARZ PC app
Starz for PC app is a premium subscription service owned by Lionsgate. Like HBO and Showtime, It produces original content while offering a library of movies and shows comprised of new releases and popular classics. It has two sister channels — Starz Encore and MoviePlex. In response to HBO and Showtime’s streaming services, It launched its own in 2016. It cost less than both at $8.99/mo. Its library features tons of on-demand movies and classic TV shows. The service also has original series with plenty of action, drama, crime, comedy, and sci-fi.
First launched in 1994, The platform along with its sister networks has a total of 17 different channels for cable TV and satellite TV subscribers. It is currently owned by the Liongate movie studio. It offers thousands of classic and current movies, along with both original and acquired TV shows.
Starz for Windows, which is primarily known as a premium channel along the lines of HBO or Cinemax, is another service to consider. Its large catalog of movies distinguishes it from the pack, but its small library of original content does not compare well to what the best of the competition offers
Starz supported devices
The Starz for Windows app is available on numerous devices such as smartphones, tablets, and smart TVs. Starz is also available as an add-on through streaming services like Sling TV.
- Amazon Fire TV Stick and Fire TV Cube
- Android TV
- Apple TV
- Google Chromecast
- Nexus Player
- Roku Express, Roku Stick, and Roku Ultra
- Smart TVs
- Xbox One
- FULL downloads of original series and movies.
- Download whatever you need on your Fire Tablet before take-off, and watch on your schedule.
- Going somewhere without internet access? No problem. Select the shows and movies you want, download them ahead of time to your Fire Tablet, and watch later at your leisure.
- Link your Spotify account and get movie and show recommendations based on the music you like
- This is the premium entertainment app that puts you in complete control of your viewing experience.
What it will cost you
The service costs $8.99 per month, which is reasonable for an on-demand streaming service. You can save some money by switching to an annual plan, which costs $74.99 per year. Starz’s pricing falls right in the middle of other cabled-channel-turned-streaming-service options. Starz for Windows allows you to stream on up to four devices simultaneously, which compares favorably to most services.
How to Install the STARZ app on Windows and Mac
- You will need an Android emulator on your PC, I will recommend the BlueStacks or NoxPlayer.
- Complete the installation of the emulator on your PC.
- Open the emulator and look for the PlayStore app on the home screen.
- You will be required to log in using your Google ID.
- Search for the Starz app
- Click on the install button to complete the download of the app
Use the app on your smartphone by following this LINK.