SonyLIV for PC – Download free on Windows 10, Mac
Table of Contents
Use the SonyLiv app on your PC. Watch live sports, including UEFA Champions League 2020/21, NBA 2019/20, ATP Tour 2020, the classic WWE Special – Hell in A Cell 2020, European Qualifiers, and many more events from the screens of your Windows and Mac PCs.
What is the SonyLIV PC app?
SonyLIV is a video-on-demand service that has a presence across 167 countries and a reach of 700 million viewers in India. The network owns 31 channels including Sony Entertainment Television (SET), one of India’s most popular Hindi entertainment channels.
SonyLIV for PC was launched in India in January 2013 and it has access to 18 years of content from channels that comprise part of the Sony Entertainment Network. That translates to more than 700 movies and 40,000+ hours of television show coverage in Hindi, English, and Tamil. It is available as a freemium service, with free content which viewers can watch without signing up, and also a premium service that is available at a lower cost in comparison to international services, such as Netflix and Amazon Prime.
What can you watch?
Sony Liv is the first Indian Over-the-top media service platform to produce music content for a Hollywood feature film – producing music for the Hindi version of the blockbuster titled Passengers, starring Chris Pratt and Jennifer Lawrence. The singers for the original soundtrack titled Aadat included Jubin Nautiyal, Shirley Setia, and Raftaar.
Sony Liv’s Library consists of 18 years of content from the Sony Entertainment Network channels in India: Sony TV, Sony SAB, Sony Marathi, Sony Ten, Sony Max, Sony Max 2, Sony PIX and Sony Six.
Along with a wide selection of English, Hindi, and regional movies, SonyLiv for Windows also has Animax that broadcasts a wide range of Japanese animations (most in original Japanese audio with English subtitles).
SonyLiv for PC consists of regional offerings like the first-ever Gujarati web series titled Kacho Papad Pako Papad, an extremely popular multi-starer on the platform.
Recently, Sony revamped its app and has officially entered the original content space. The platform is also planning to launch international content, including For Life and Lincoln Rhyme: Hunt for the Bone Collector.
The network owns 21 channels including Sony Entertainment Television (SET), one of India’s most popular Hindi entertainment channels. The other entertainment channels it owns include Sony PIX, Sony MAX, AXN, and Sony SAB. It has a particularly strong sports channel portfolio, comprising 11 channels, such as Sony SIX, Sony ESPN, Sony TEN 1, Sony TEN 2 and Sony TEN 3
- A delightful experience of all-New SonyLIV that streams Premium and Sports content.
- All-New SonyLIV Original Web Series made by the biggest storytellers of India.
- Turn the volume up for 100+ new premium and international series. Yup, you read it right, 100+!
- Like things your way? You can now create up to 5 different personalized profiles.
- Just watched a match that you know your friends and family will love too? Now share your favourite highlights with them in a jiffy!
- Do not disturb. Subscribe to the pack and get rid of those ads for a super smooth, uninterrupted streaming experience.
- Watch the latest episodes of all your favourite shows on Sony SET and SAB TV, same time as TV.
- Get things that even money can’t buy, like a chance to visit sets of your favourite Sony shows!
- Watch on 2 screens at the same time.
How to Install the SonyLiv app on Windows and Mac
- You will need to install an Android emulator on your PC, I will recommend the BlueStacks or NoxPlayer emulator.
- Install the Android emulator of your choice, and after the installation is complete open the emulator.
- Look for the PlayStore app on the home screen.
- Search for the SonyLIV app and click on the install button.
- You will need to log in using your Google ID to start the download process.
You can use the SonyLIV app in your smartphone as well.