How to use SnapBridge for PC free – Windows 10, Mac
Table of Contents
Download the SnapBridge app on PC, and get your pictures sorted taken from your NIKON camera. Here you are going to learn how to download this app on your Windows and Mac PCs.
Nikon’s SnapBridge app for iOS and Android is the fastest, easiest way to get your photos out of your camera
and into the world using a compatible smart device. It’s also an exciting new way to take pictures with a Bluetooth/Wi-Fi
enabled Nikon camera.
What is SnapBridge for PC app
Like many contemporary cameras, the SnapBridge PC app offers its best connectivity when it uses a combination of Bluetooth and Wi-Fi. By utilizing Bluetooth 4.0 the camera and smartphone can detect each other and connect automatically and will switch to using the faster Wi-Fi connection for transferring images or using the live view display.
Those who don’t have Bluetooth 4.0 can create a standard Wi-Fi connection between the smart device and camera by turning on the camera’s Wi-Fi and then connecting the phone to it using a password, in exactly the same way you would connect to a Wi-Fi router. A basic guide on how to do this is found below.
There is also the option to create a very quick connection using NFC. Sadly for iPhone and iPad users NFC isn’t implemented, but Android users can take advantage of this method of pairing by simply touching the NFC spots on both devices together.
How to set up SnapBridge
Download and install the SnapBridge app on your smart device, then open it and complete these three simple steps:
- When the SnapBridge start-up screen appears on your camera, press OK (for NFC enabled devices, simply touch the smart device to your camera), and an authorisation code will now appear on the camera and smart device.
- One your smart device, confirm the code by pressing ‘pair’.
- On your camera, confirm the code by pressing the ‘OK’ button. And that’s it – your camera and smart device are now connected.
Once established, the connection between your Nikon camera and the smart device stays alive as long as the camera battery is installed and the devices are in close proximity. Shots will even sync while your camera is in sleep mode, or when your smart device is stowed away in a bag or pocket. There is no disruption to your smart device while it’s synced, either, as SnapBridge maintains the constant connection with your camera via Bluetooth low energy (BLE), which ensures ultra-low battery impact on both your smart device and the camera. The app switches to standard Bluetooth or Wi-Fi only when transferring images.
Features of the App
- Control your Nikon camera with your phone
- Not available with Nikon D3400.
- Mirrorless and DSLR Control Features
- Access Live View on your smartphone
- Take single or continuous shots
- Change focus by touching
- Select shooting modes (P/S/A/M)
- Adjust shutter speed, aperture, and ISO
- Adjust exposure compensation and white balance
- Video Start/Stop
- COOLPIX Control Features
- Use your smartphone as a remote monitor
- Zoom in and out
- Take pictures
- Add hashtags,
Easily add hashtags, captions, copyright info, and more to your photos right from the app.
- Switch between
Use SnapBridge to switch between up to five Nikon cameras. Switching in the app is fast and easy.
- Track your photo
SnapBridge uses your smartphone or tablet’s GPS and clock to record location and date information.
- Keep your camera up to date
SnapBridge automatically registers your camera with Nikon and alerts you when new firmware is available.
- 24.5-million-pixel JPEG transferred in 5 secs (Nikon Z 6 to iPhone XS)
- iOS and Android compatible
- Supports raw file transfer
- NFC connectivity
- Touch AF
- A very simple and well-designed app
- No compatibility with cameras prior to 2016
- No shutter priority mode in live view video mode
How to Install SnapBridge app on Windows and Mac
- You will need an Android Emulator on your PC, I will recommend BlueStacks and NoxPlayer
- Run the .exe file on your PC to complete the installation of the emulator
- Open the emulator and look for the PlayStore app on the home screen
- You will be asked to log in using your Google ID
- Search for the SnapBridge app and click on the install button to complete the download
Also you can use the app on your smartphone from this LINK