Slack for PC – Use for Free on Windows 10 and Mac
Table of Contents
Download the Slack app on PC. It brings team communication and collaboration into one place so you can get more work done, whether you belong to a large enterprise or a small business.
What you need to know about Slack PC app?
Slack for PC is a workplace communication tool, “a single place for messaging, tools, and files.” This means It is an instant messaging system with lots of add-ins for other workplace tools. There are two methods of chat in Slack: channels (group chat), and direct message or DM (person-to-person chat). Let’s take a quick look at the user interface.
When The platform came along, there were no real competitors in the market. That’s not to say there weren’t other chat apps, but it combined an intuitive UI with both group and person-to-person messaging. It also allows companies to have a measure of control over who can use it through the invitation system. Other tools could do the same, but without the same usability. None of the traditional vendors (Microsoft, Apple, IBM, Sun, and so on) had anything comparable to Slack.
The app might not be suitable for every type of organization. For some organizations, it might be close to a Game changer for their team communications, and for some, it might not work the same. Depending on the nature of your business Slack might offer you great help or it can be vice versa.
At Automattic, which runs WordPress.com and a handful of smaller internet services, The app is the glue that binds a fully remote “virtual office” of nearly 1,000 employees living in dozens of different countries and working on vastly different products.
Advantage of using the Platform
This lack of corporate size was also a benefit. Slack was small enough to be responsive and quick when it came to adding new features, like emoji reactions (great for users) and 2-factor authentication (great for admins). For some users, the fact that The platform wasn’t owned by a big traditional vendor was benefit enough, but that doesn’t explain why Slack is so popular.
Slack for Windows does two things really well: design and understanding its users’ needs. These twin pillars are the basis of most good products but are surprisingly difficult to do well, as many a failed app will prove. The rough initial design was created by its founder, Stewart Butterfield (the same guy who co-founded Flickr back in the early 2000s) and his team, and then given to a third party called MetaLab to polish. Andrew Wilkinson from MetaLab explained
All the prices mentioned below are related to Per Person and not for the whole package, Your enterprise will be paying the amount on the basis of people involved.
For small teams trying out the platform for an unlimited period of time 0$ USD
- $6.67 USD/mo
All the benefits of Free, and:
- The full context of your organization’s message history at your fingertips
- The price can increase on the basis of how often you are going to subscribe to the service.
- For larger businesses or those with additional administration need
- $12.50 USD/mo*
All the goodness of Standard, and:
- Advanced identity management through SAML-based SSO and real-time Active Directory sync with OneLogin, Okta, and Ping Identity
- In this package, the price may also vary depending on your usage
- For extra-large businesses or those in regulated industries
- All the greatness of Plus, and:
- Peace of mind with enterprise-grade security and compliance, including Enterprise Key Management and HIPAA support
- Large scale collaboration and alignment with support for up to 500,000 users
- Streamlined administration with centralized controls and customizable policies
A Slack workspace is made up of channels, where team members can communicate and work together.
- Organized conversations team members send messages and share files in channels. Create channels for teams, projects, office locations, or anything else that’s relevant to your organization. You can make channels private for conversations that shouldn’t be open to all members, or you can use shared channels to collaborate with external organizations from your own workspaces.
- Searchable history When messages and files are shared in public channels, information flows transparently throughout Slack. You can search your team’s conversation history in Slack to find relevant messages, files, channels, and people. With Slack’s searchable history, conversations can become common institutional knowledge.
- Connected apps Add apps to your workspace to connect services or tools you’re already using to Slack. With the right apps installed, you can do your work without ever leaving your workspace.
- Slack calls You can start a voice or video call with any other members of your workspace right from Slack. Share your screen to show your teammates exactly what you see on your computer.
How to Install Slack app on Windows and Mac
- To begin, Install the BlueStacks Emulator on your PC.
- Run the .exe file on your PC to complete the installation process of the emulator.
- Open the emulator and Look for the PlayStore app on the home screen.
- You will be asked to give your Google ID
- Search for the Slack app
- Click on the install button to complete the download process.
You can also use this app on your smartphone as well, just need to follow this LINK