Table of Contents
Download Signal Messenger on PC – Send and receive high-fidelity messages, participate in HD voice/video calls, and explore a growing set of new features that help you stay connected.
If you are looking for an app that will not breach your private and not share it with other websites or tech companies you have come to the right place. This app offers you one of the best security and privacy features available on the PlayStore which means that neither your data nor your messaged can be decoded by the company. Also they cannot sell your data if it is not stored on their servers.
What is the Signal for PC app?
Signal PC app is an end-to-end encrypted messaging service, similar to WhatsApp or iMessage, but owned and operated by a non-profit foundation rather than a corporation, and with more wide-ranging security protections.
it uses standard cellular telephone numbers as identifiers and secures all communications to other app users with end-to-end encryption. The apps include mechanisms by which users can independently verify the identity of their contacts and the integrity of the data channel.
All the platform software is free and open-source. Its clients are published under the GPLv3 license, while the server code is published under the AGPLv3 license. This non-profit Foundation was launched in February 2018 with initial funding of $50 million.
The app got a boom in its users when the protests against Police brutality started all over the US. People turned to this app to arrange for protests without having to worry about govt, surveillance. Although other messenger apps are also end to end encrypted they are owned by Corporations and this platform is owned by non profit trust which increases its reliability
Why the Signal app- It offers you the Best Privacy
First and foremost, because it protects your chats. Anything you send or receive is encrypted, which makes it very hard for anyone who intercepts the data to work out what’s being said unless they are the specified recipient. What’s more, Signal Messenger doesn’t store any user data, so governments and other agencies can’t request it, and it can’t leak out.
On top of that, all the code is open-source, which means anyone can look at how the app is written that doesn’t mean hackers can break the encryption (which is virtually uncrackable), but it does mean security experts and users can check that the platform is maintaining the high privacy standards that it says it is.
Just about every security researcher that’s taken a look at Signal has given it a big thumbs up from a data privacy and security standpoint, and its underlying technologies are now used in a lot of other apps too. The FBI and CIA might not like it, but right now Signal is about as good as it gets for “going dark” on your phone.
What make Signal for Windows Different
- State-of-the-art end-to-end encryption keeps your conversations secure. Privacy isn’t an optional mode — it’s just the way that Signal works. Every message, every call, every time.
- Messages are delivered quickly and reliably, even on slow networks. Signal is optimized to operate in the most constrained environment possible.
- Signal is a completely independent 501c3 nonprofit. Development is supported by users like you. No advertisements. No trackers.
- You can use your existing phone number and address book to securely communicate with your friends.
- Whether they live across town or across the ocean, Signal’s enhanced audio and video quality will make your friends and family feel closer.
How to Install Signal app on Windows and Mac
- You will need an Android emulator on your PC, i will recommend BlueStacks or NoxPlayer
- Complete the setup of software by following the instructions.
- Open the emulator and look for the PlayStore app, which is pre installed
- log in using your Google ID
- Search for the Signal app
- Click on the Install button to get the app on your PC.
If you want to use this Messenger app on your smartphone and get the best privacy for your discussions, you can download the app from HERE.