Download Free RunCam App PC – (2.2.4)
Table of Contents
RunCam App, has been designed for easy control of your RunCam high definition cameras.
Despite all the laws and regulations, drones are still incredibly popular. Especially the drone racing genre, which has seen a real evolution in technology. The new camera tech has gotten much cheaper and available in smaller forms. Which is perfect for racing drones as they have a limit for weight and size. And the RunCam 5 is the latest FPV action camera for these type of racing drones.
What is RunCam?
RunCam is established in 2013. Committed to the research and development of FPV cameras and camcorders, it has launched multiple products that have gained popularity among FPV pilots.
It has launched its camera like (GoPro) and the latest one to grace us is RunCam 5
The RunCam 5 has an extremely capable Sony IMX377 sensor. It can capture videos at up to a 4K resolution at 30 fps. If you require higher fps, then you can also switch to 1080p, with which you can record at up to 120 fps!
Some of these resolutions are also available in both 4:3 and 16:9 ratios. And the 4:3 ratio is the most interesting because you can achieve Superview while recording at 1440p 4:3! Overall pretty good specs for an action camera this small.
Technical Specifications RunCam 5
- Dimensions: 38×38×36 mm / 1.5×1.5×1.4″
- Weight: 56 g / 1.97 oz
- Sensor: Sony IMX377
- Field of View: 145°
- Video resolutions: 4K 30 fps; 2.7K 50 fps; 1440p 60 fps; 1080p 120/60 fps
- Bitrate: 60 Mbps
- Photo: 12 MP
- Features: TV-OUT support, QR reader, Gorilla Glass
- Ports: Micro USB, MicroSD card slot
- Memory: MicroSD with Class 10 and SDXC cards, up to 128 GB
- Battery: 900 mAh Li-On
- Battery life: 60 minutes of 4K at 30 fps
RunCam app Function
The app has been specifically designed to support your RunCam cameras, which are being used by drone and sports enthusiast
The app gives you full control of the camera: adjust the camera parameters, start/stop recording, and switch mode. Also, Customize white balance, exposure value, FOV, metering mode, image flip, etc. it also lets you adjust the camera parameters and preview in real-time according to the actual scene. it also supports Loop recording, automatic recording, WDR, and more parameters.
The App has a very user-friendly shooting interface which is easy to operate. When the camera is connected to the App, you can also use the power button on the camera to start/stop shooting. You can also view, playback the captured video/photos, and download it to the local album. Also Browse and delete files from your camera’s memory card
- Android4.2 and above
- IOS 6.0 and above
Also update your camera anytime, anywhere to experience the latest features and best performance
To setup the RunCam camera with your app you will have to follow the given steps
- Turn on the camera and open the camera WiFi.
- Use your mobile device to search the camera WiFi (Initial name is RUNCAM2_xxx / RUNCAM3_xxx, the initial password is 1234567890) and connect.
- Open the App, connect the camera and enter into preview.
Install The RunCam app on you Windows and Mac
In the process below, I am going to show you how to install This App on Windows PC by using Android App Player such as BlueStacks, NoxPlayer
These emulators are designed for PC users that allow them to download and use android exclusive apps on their windows and mac powered computers
- Download the BlueStacks or NoxPlayer on your PC
- After the Download install the .exe file on your computer
- Initial setup will take time depending upon your internet connection, Also login using your Google ID
- After the setup is complete look for the Google PlayStore (preinstalled) on the emulator home screen and open it
- In the search bar type RunCam App and click on the install button, wait for the installation to complete, NOW enjoy!
Also access the app via Smartphone using Google PlayStore