Rarevision VHS for PC – How to use on Windows 10, Mac
Table of Contents
Download the Rarevision VHS app on your PC. Used by Kendall Jenner, Snoop Dogg, Khloe Kardashian, Victoria Beckham, Wiz Khalifa, BTS, Die Antwoord, Philip Bloom and featured on SNL (S41E01) and in countless TV shows and music videos
What is the Rarevision VHS PC app?
How hard would it be to make an app that accurately recreates a VHS camcorder in a smartphone? That’s the question the folks at Rarevision asked themselves when they set about making the VHS Camcorder app for iPhone. What we’ve got here is the app itself – an app that describes itself with four words: “Best. Throwback. Videos. Ever.” Rarevision also suggests that you’ll be able to “impress that girl you’re obsessed with by using our app to convince her you built a time machine.
Rarevision VHS for Windows Camcorder is a $ 4-time machine that allows iOS devices to record videos that look exactly like low-quality home movies shot three decades ago. As if the muted, inaccurate colors, tinny audio, and general lack of definition weren’t enough, the app optionally restores the familiar date and time stamp your parents could never seem to turn off, along with noise and distortion for a truly authentic, “lo-fi” look.
Nostalgia aside, why would anyone actually want to do such a thing? For starters, it’s certainly more visually interesting than shooting pristine video. Rarevision VHS Camcorder for PC is also great for unique video gag gifts since the on-screen graphics can be customized to a date and time in the past, present, or future.
What does it offer?
While Rarevision VHS Camcorder is pretty much a point-and-shoot, “what you see is what you get” affair, there are actually a few notable options tucked away under the blue Menu button. Videos can be shot in one of three different frame rates: U.S. standard 29.97, a more international-friendly 25 (otherwise known as PAL), or 23.976 for cutting footage alongside modern high-definition content.
Although the app emulates standard-definition videos, VHS Camcorder can actually record in HD, although full 1080p recordings require an iPhone 5 or higher.
What VHS Camcorder Can Do:
- Realism: the ORIGINAL and BEST app for simulating old videotape recordings
- The most beautiful tape noise, static, and tracking distortion the world has ever seen
- On-screen date and time graphics–you know, when cameras actually did that
- Fake the on-screen date so people think you’re way younger–or older–than you really are
- Add really awful title graphics (FLASHING TOO!) with the built-in titler
- The phony zoom lens feature dramatically enhances the cheese factor
- Control the effect during recording using your finger or by shaking your device
- Don’t think we forgot to make things sound bad–we didn’t
- Easily share videos from within the app or through Camera Roll
- Built-in clip viewer for playing back, deleting, and sharing clips
- Widescreen recording option (but would you REALLY want to use it?)
- Choose your frame rate: 24, 25, or 30 (iOS only)
- HD video recording on iPhone 4s and newer devices (1080p requires iPhone 5 or better)
On VHS CAM, while you’re recording you can push and hold the record button to take still photos. This allows you to take a hybrid approach to photography and video– to get the upside of the dynamic moving videos and audio, while also being able to extract still images.
|Name||Rarevision VHS Camcorder|
How to Install the Rarevision VHS app on Windows and Mac PC
- You will need to install an Android emulator on your PC, I will recommend the BlueStacks or NoxPlayer emulator.
- Run the Exe file on your PC to complete the installation of the emulator on your PC.
- Open the emulator, it may take some time to open depending on your internet connection
- Log in using your Google ID, it is necessary to access the PlayStore app features
- Search for the Rarevision app and click on the install button.
You can also use the Rarevision app on your smartphone as well.