How to Use PhET for PC – Windows 10, Mac
Table of Contents
Engage in learning science and math with the award-winning PhET simulations on PC. Whether understanding atoms, exploring energy, or mastering multiplication, there is a sim for every learner.
What is PhET for PC app
If you want to understand atoms, exploring energy, or mastering multiplication, there is a sim for every learner. Perfect for at home, in class, or on the road, this app delivers all the award-winning PhET HTML5 sims. Developed by experts at the University of Colorado Boulder, PhET for Windows sims are being used by millions of students every year. Students and Teachers can learn a lot from these sims. They can give you a better understanding of Science and its concepts by letting you observe through simulations
PhET PC app is a series of research-based computer simulations for teaching and learning physics, chemistry, math, and other sciences. the simulations can be run online or downloaded for free from the PhET website
Different type of Simulations for You
- The Circuit Construction Kit simulation shows electrons moving through the wires so that students can visualize current flow,
- the Gas Properties simulation shows the microscopic behavior of molecules in a gas, and
- the Radio Waves and Electromagnetic Fields simulation shows the behavior of an electric field.
Some activities to keep the interest of Students
Other simulations are more targeted and address a single specific physical phenomenon or concept. For example, the Balloons and Static Electricity simulation helps students visualize changes in charge distribution when a balloon is rubbed against a sweater and sticks to a wall, and the John Travoltage simulation helps students visualize what happens when you rub your foot on the carpet and get a shock from a metal doorknob.
The Reactants, Products, and Leftovers simulation helps address known student difficulties understanding rate equations by having them practice building sandwiches and then applying what they know about sandwiches to molecules. The Davisson-Germer: Electron Diffraction simulation addresses an observed student difficulty with interpreting this classic experiment from the diagrams
- Offline play: learn on the bus or at the park without a WiFi connection.
- Multiple languages: app translated in many languages (great for bilingual learners).
- Favorites: pick your favorite sims and create your own custom collection.
- Automatic updates: get the latest HTML5 sims as soon as they are released.
- Easy sorting: find the right sims for you.
- Fullscreen: maximize your screen real estate for optimal sim exploration.
NOTE: The app is not free and will cost around 0.99 dollars to use it on your device
How to Install PhET app n Windows and Mac
- You will need an Android Emulator on your PC, I will recommend BlueStacks and NoxPlayer
- Run the .exe file on your PC to complete the setup of the emulator.
- Open the emulator on your PC, Look for the PlayStore app and click on the app icon
- You will be asked to give your Google ID
- Search for the PhET Simulations app
- Click on the install button to get the app on your PC
Also, enjoy learning using PhET app on your Smartphone from this LINK