Install Free Orbot Browser for PC – Windows 10, Mac
Orbot Browser on PC is a free proxy app that empowers other apps to use the internet more securely. Orbot uses Tor to encrypt your Internet traffic and then hides it by bouncing through a series of computers around the world. Download Now!!
What is Orbot Browser for PC
Before smartphones, every time users wanted to browse through the internet securely, they relied on Tor Browser on their PC. Tor Browser, developed by The Tor Project, was the only way to browse the internet anonymously and defend against surveillance back in the day.
With so much stress on privacy and intent security lately, users gradually switched to VPN services to satisfy their browsing needs. But even VPNs got blocked. That is where the Orbot Browser PC app comes in. The same team which was behind TOR also provides an app designed to work on Android to allow users to get online anonymously.
While Orbot Browser for Windows app sounds like the name of a game with robots, it’s a much more useful tool. Aimed to deliver a private internet connection, Orbot is a proxy app that commands apps on Android to connect to the Internet more securely.
The app is integrated with TOR and thus helps traffic bounce across several systems around the globe to make sure you’re safe. To understand this better, you’ll need to know the difference between a VPN and a proxy.
How to Install Orbot app on Windows and Mac
- For this purpose you will be required to have an Android emulator on our PC, I will recommend BlueStacks or NoxPlayer
- Complete the installation process of the emulator, for this purpose run the .exe file and follow the on-screen instructions
- You must have a good internet connection or otherwise, you might have to wait a bit for the completion of the process
- On the home screen of the emulator click on the PlayStore app icon to open it.
- You will be asked to give your Google ID, if you do not have one kindly create it as it is necessary for the download of the app on your computer/Laptop.
- Search for the Orbot Browser app and click on the install button to complete the download.
Also you can use the browser on your smartphone as well, you can download it from the PlayStore LINK.