Install Free NetGuard on PC- Windows 10, Mac
Table of Contents
NetGuard on PC provides simple and advanced ways to block access to the internet – no root required.
NetGuard (for Android) lets you selectively block apps from accessing your cellular data, Wi-Fi connection, or both, without requiring root access. This can be useful in a number of circumstances.
What is NetGuard for PC
NetGuard for PC is a well-established app known for its highly secure firewall, which blocks unwanted web activity from individual apps that can take up both precious bandwidth and battery life. Not quite as well known, however, is the fact there’s a second official version of NetGuard that comes with a hidden ad-blocking feature, which can be activated with just a little tinkering in the app’s settings menu.
one of the changes introduced with Android Lollipop (5.0) was the removal of the dedicated Internet permission on Android. At the time, there was some attention drawn to the changes, but users were still free to use root access to install a firewall and block individual apps.
This wasn’t much help for those not wanting to root, but that was the way things were. Since then, however, Marshmallow looks set to make life much harder for rooted users
NetGuard for Android is a no-root firewall solution for Android, offering control over which apps may access the internet, without causing any breakage of apps (short of them thinking your internet connection isn’t very good!). NetGuard offers control over both WiFi and cellular data networks separately, also potentially making it useful for taming unruly apps that munch rapidly through a (capped) cellular data package.
NetGuard offers a simple user interface, where you can easily block or allow an application access to a particular type of network. A green icon indicates that an app is allowed access, and an orange/red icon indicates that it is blocked. It’s not hugely configurable, but that’s perhaps a blessing – it took me about 2 minutes to install NetGuard, and get it working. Just remember to toggle the orange switch in the top bar to the “on” position (to the right) to enable the firewall itself.
NetGuard for Windows- Features
• Simple to use
• No root required
• 100% open source
• No calling home
• No tracking or analytics
• No advertisements
• Actively developed and supported
• Android 5.1 and later supported
• IPv4/IPv6 TCP/UDP supported
• Tethering supported
• Optionally allow when screen on
• Optionally block when roaming
• Optionally block system applications
• Optionally notify when an application accesses the internet
• Optionally record network usage per application per address
• Material design theme with light and dark theme
• Log all outgoing traffic; search and filter access attempts; export PCAP files to analyze traffic
• Allow/block individual addresses per application
• New application notifications; configure NetGuard directly from the notification
• Display network speed graph in a status bar notification
• Select from five additional themes in both light and dark version
Download NetGuard app on Windows and Mac
Lets discuss how you can download this app on your PC
- Download BlueStacks or NoxPlayer for PC with the download option included within this web site.
- Immediately after the installer completes downloading, open it to start the install process.
- Go on with the common installation steps just by clicking on “Next” for multiple times.
- During the very final step click the “Install” option to start the install process and click “Finish” whenever it is finally ended. At the last & final step simply click on “Install” to start the actual installation process and you’ll then click “Finish” to complete the installation.
- If its the first time using BlueStacks Android emulator you should connect your Google account with an emulator.
- Congratulations! You can install NetGuard for PC using BlueStacks Android emulator either by looking for the NetGuard app application in google play store page or with the use of apk file. Get ready to install NetGuard for PC by visiting the google play store page if you have successfully installed BlueStacks App Player on your computer.