Minergate Control for PC – Use free on Windows 10, Mac
Table of Contents
Download the Minergate Control app on your PC. You are able to check your MinerGate profile and mining dashboard. Monitor your workers, check balances and receive push notifications about the mining process with your device wherever you are.
What is the MinerGate Control PC app?
MinerGate is an open mining pool where people use their computers to add hashing power to that of thousands of other miners. The user interface is openly downloadable and allows people to quickly start mining Ethereum and a selection of other altcoins. It helps users to break down the usual complexities found in mining to a simple “download and run” process. MinerGate allows anyone to grab their program and run it on their computer. A large, powerful machine can, of course, add more power, but even smaller, amateur miners can use a normal PC or laptop.
To mine cryptocurrency with the MinerGate Control for PC app, you need a compatible device. Fortunately MinerGate’s demands aren’t too taxing. You need a smartphone with at least Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean). You’ll also need around 30MB of free space on your device.
Remember that anyone with physical access to your Android smartphone can change your mining settings and/or steal your cryptocurrency. You can reduce the chance of this happening by encrypting your Android device. See our guide on how to do this here.
Is MinerGate Safe?
Everyone joining a mining platform is concerned about the levels of security; people want to be assured of top-level security of their data as well as mined assets.
MinerGate has been at the forefront of curbing insecurity in the mining sector; they have put in place a number of control features to guarantee the security of its platform.
- Two-factor authentication to ensure that the user authorizes every transaction that takes place on their account.
- The platform’s website has a valid SSL certificate to prevent attackers from gaining access to any communication that takes place on the tool.
- The platform is regularly updated to stay up to date with the latest tech development as well as to fix any bugs.
How to Install the Minergate Control app on Windows and Mac
- You will need to install the BlueStacks or NoxPlayer emulator on your PC.
- Complete the installation of the emulator on your PC.
- Open the emulator, it might take some time to start initially depending upon your internet connection.
- Look for the PlayStore app on the home screen of the emulator and click on it to open.
- You will need to give your Google ID to further access the PlayStore app features.
- Search for the Minergate Control app, and click on the install button to start the download process.
You can use the Minergate Control app on your android smartphone as well.
How to Mine Using Minergate for Windows app
- To proceed, open the Google Play store and search for ‘MinerGate Control for Windows’. This will take you to the installation page for the mobile app. Click on ‘Install’. Once the installation is complete, choose ‘Open’ to launch the program.
- When the application first launches you’ll see the options to start mining or log in. If you don’t already have a MinerGate account, click ‘Sign up’. MinerGate Control for Windows will request access to your contacts. In the ‘email’ field enter a valid email address. Enter a strong passphrase into the ‘Password’ field. Make sure to keep these details safe as they can be used to alter your mining settings. Click ‘Sign up and start mining’ to continue.
- The MinerGate Control app will now prompt you to create a four-digit passcode. You’ll need this to authorize withdrawals and transfers. Enter a memorable PIN and then repeat in order to confirm it.
- MinerGate Control for PC will now take you to the main screen. From here you can start mining straight away on your smartphone. The amount you’ll make from doing this will vary depending on your Android device’s processing power and electricity costs in your home country. Some cryptocurrencies are easier to mine than others
- Use the dropdown menu on the main screen to choose your cryptocurrency. Your device’s Hash Power will appear (e.g. 32.48 H/s). You can choose the number of CPU resources to allocate to mining by using the ‘Low, Med, High’ buttons at the bottom of the screen.