How to use MeWe for PC Free – Windows 10, Mac
Table of Contents
Use the MeWe app on PC, and enjoy an alternative for Facebook and Twitter and without most of the censorships people face on the other social media platforms. Make your profile and get started now.
What is the MeWe PC app?
MeWe for PC is owned by a company called Sgrouples, which was actually also the name of the platform early on. It was founded by internet entrepreneur Mark Weinstein.
MEWE for Windows is a an alternative to Facebook that offers adult users an ad-free social networking experience and more secure chat. Users register with email or phone number, create a profile, and choose if they want to connect the app to their phone contact list.
Upon registering, a tutorial bot shows users how to access built-in tools to add text, filters, and emojis to photos, and how to create GIFs from them. Users can browse featured pages dedicated to news, media, and various celebrities, or browse groups by categories like Art, Fitness, and Travel.
Users can join or create their own groups, which they can make public or private. Users can message each other directly via text or voice chat and can pay for end-to-end encryption (for more secure chat) by the month of the year.
Who is using MeWe?
There are accounts for a number of major news outlets and personalities on MeWe. For example, there is an account with the name of the current US President Donald Trump However, it’s not really Trump’s account. Neither he nor his team set the account up. MeWe did. The account can be followed by MeWe’s real users. It displays a feed of Trump’s tweets on Twitter in real-time.
When it comes to MeWe’s users, it may sound a lot like Parler
Now, MeWe is experiencing a boom just like Parler as pro-Trump supporters boycott Facebook and Twitter over their anti-misinformation policies in the aftermath of Trump’s defeat in the election.
Is their Censorship on MeWe
As you will join the app there is a message displayed to you explaining how things are done on this social network.
“No Ads, No Targeting, No Political Bias, No Newsfeed Manipulation, and No BS But, again, just like Parler, MeWe is no “free speech” paradise.
Obviously, there’s the usual ban on unlawful conduct and content. But, the social network’s policies also ban “obscene or pornographic content” as well as impersonating someone.
- It’s your show. Share your world online your way, by your rules.
- You own your content. You control your interactions. You design your level of privacy.
- The platform is where you can be your authentic self, the way you are in your real life.
- It challenges the status quo by making privacy the foundation of online social experiences.
- It does not share or sell your personal information to advertisers or marketers. There are no ads, no targeting, no newsfeed manipulation, and NO BS
- Share content only with those you wish to see it. It’s your online life, with trust, control, privacy, and safety.
How to Install MeWe app on Windows and Mac
- You will need an Android Emulator on your PC, I will recommend BlueStacks or NoxPlayer
- Complete the installation of the emulator by following the on-screen instructions.
- Open the emulator it may take some time to start depending upon your internet connection
- Click on the PlayStore icon to open it, the is already installed on the emulator
- You will be asked to log in using your Google ID
- Search for the MeWe app and click on the install button to complete the process.
You can use this app on your smartphone as well it is available on the PlayStore or just click on this LINK if you are feeling lazy