Table of Contents
Download the Mercari app on PC. It’s the perfect place to go to declutter or find your new look. this has never felt so good – it’s almost as good as finding your new favorite thing.
You can now use this mobile exclusive app on your Windows and Mac PCs as well, just follow the steps discussed below to get the app on your PCs.
What is the Mercari PC app
Mercari for PC is a marketplace platform where you can buy and sell almost anything, provided the item can be shipped. This app sets itself apart by restricting in-person meetups and requiring that sellers ship the merchandise to buyers. It also processes all payments to help prevent either party from getting ripped off. The platform uses identification verification and reviews to help ensure all parties are fully informed during each transaction.
Mercari charges a flat 10% sales fee. You may incur other charges, but I’ll have more on that later. By lowering the barrier to entry for users in this way, and with its user-friendly app, Mercari PC app has managed to rapidly increase its pool of sellers and become the largest online flea market in the country.
How it Works
The biggest difference between Mercari and the other online marketplaces that existed prior to it in Japan is that it was created specifically for mobile phones. While incumbents such as Yahoo! Auction was initially designed to be used on computers, Mercari is a mobile-first service that has tapped into a significant pool of Japanese women and the younger generation who only carry mobile phones, and do not own personal computers
The Mercari for Windows app makes it extremely easy for users to sell their unwanted goods. In fact, it markets itself as ‘the selling app’, recognizing that many of the pain-points for sellers had not been addressed in traditional C2C online marketplaces as they focus on improving the buyers’ experience. With the app, customers can simply upload a photo of the product on their smartphone, type in key information regarding the product according to a clear set of instructions, and sell the product ‘within 3 minutes’.
- Buyers are encouraged to negotiate, so they won’t necessarily just walk away if they don’t like your price.
- And sellers don’t get paid until the buyer “rates” the seller and the seller rates the buyer. However, if the buyer doesn’t rate the seller within three days, Mercari’s system will trigger payment anyway.
- The rating requirement appears aimed at reducing buyer and seller fraud by calling out the bad actors. But it can slow the payment process. Moreover, it doesn’t really solve buyer fraud because the site will allow returns after the three-day window.
Importantly, Mercari’s logistics service allows the sender to remain anonymous, assuaging the fears of sellers who do not want to disclose their address and other private information to their buyers. Furthermore, the forum has been able to empower its sellers by allowing anonymity while at the same time creating accountability through a mutual review system. While e-commerce platforms typically have reviews of the sellers, the app also requires sellers to rate the buyers. In this way, it fosters a community of mutual trust.
- Many shipping options
- Great deals
- Email alerts for search items
- Directly, privately contact seller
- Buyer protection and easy returns
- Allows very used items
- Lower end items aren’t worth the shipping price
- Not all sellers communicate
- Search filters are limited
How to Install the Mercari app on Windows and Mac
- You will need an Android emulator on your PC, I will recommend the BlueStacks or NoxPlayer.
- Complete the installation of the emulator on your PC.
- Open the emulator and look for the PlayStore app on the home screen.
- You will be required to log in using your Google ID.
- Search for the Mercari app
- Click on the install button to complete the download of the app
Use the app on your smartphone by following this LINK.