Table of Contents
Download Reliance Jio Browser PC app, on your Windows and macOS, powered PCs and get one of the best alternatives to the UC browser
What is Jio Browser for PC app
Jio Browser – the latest app by the telecom giant – is now available for Android users via Google Play. Developed by Reliance Industries, the browser app is touted to be a ‘fast and lite’ solution for Web browsing. To attract Indian users, the Jio Browser app has been given support for as many as eight Indian languages.
Reliance Jio’s new mobile browser is not very different from other lightweight mobile browsers such as UC Web. While the application UI is smooth and easy-to-use, focus is rather on the content than browsing.
The home page features a Google News-like feed with content from different publications. Users can add more categories to the News Feed. The interface seems to be inspired by Google’s Material Design, which is certainly not a negative. It’s neat and easy to get started.
- Voice search: Reliance Jio has integrated Google’s voice search in its search bar. The searched content (audio) is saved to the registered Google account on your phone. Google Assistant is also available on Chrome and Xiaomi’s Mint browser.
- External share: JioBrowser users can share web pages with friends on other applications. You need to tap on three dots menu on the right top corner > tap on share icon > choose the app you want to share with.
- Manage Downloads Easily manage your downloads and history from the browser
- Desktop Experience Switch to desktop mode for better experience
- Lightweight Browser Only 3.6 MB in size making it one of the lightest browsers
- Save Pages Offline Now get your favorite site links without the Internet
- Voice Search Voice search integrated for truly handsfree experience
- Incognito Mode Offers a private surfing experience while protecting browser history
What’s missing on JioBrowser
Dark Mode: At the moment, JioBrowser does not support native Dark Mode feature. Dark Mode inverts the white theme into black or grey-tone to make the content more comfortable to eyes.
Multi-tasking: Since it’s a stripped-down version of the main browser, don’t expect dynamic features like Read Mode or customize the window panels. Users, however, can increase the text size of the content within the application.
How to Install Jio Browser app on Windows and Mac
- You will need an Android emulator on your PC, it can be either BlueStacks or NoxPlayer
- The emulator will further download some files on your PC
- Log In using your Google ID, it is a must to download the app
- Open the PlayStore app pre installed on the emulator
- Search for the Jio Browser app, Click on the Install button
- The app will now be available on the home screen of the emulator or you can access it from the desktop shortcut