Firstrade for PC – Use for free on Windows 10, Mac
Table of Contents
Download the Firstrade app on your PC. It is the only online brokerage to offer commission-free trading for all stocks, options, ETFs and mutual funds. Now you can use the app on your Windows and Mac PCs as well.
What is the Firstrade PC app?
Firstrade Securities was founded in 1985 in the Flushing neighborhood of Queens, New York. It served the needs of the local community, especially ethnic Chinese immigrants. While one of the low-cost leaders, It has also remained true to its roots, providing trading tools and support in traditional and simplified Chinese as well as in English.
Recently, Firstrade has switched to $0 commissions for stock and options trades, but that comes with some sacrifices in limited tools, research, and product scope. However, unlike many of the other $0 commission brokers, Firstrade for PC app is still an adequate choice for active stock and options traders looking for streamlined order entry, featuring advanced option spread trading and rock bottom costs.
Besides low costs, the platform also stands out with a unique securities lending program for investors interested in earning extra income by lending their stocks to other financial institutions. The securities lending program places no restrictions on the account holder who can sell their stock at any point. This could be a significant benefit for independent investors with large accounts.
The Mobile app
It’s mobile app is easy to use, includes watch lists that sync with the website, and real-time streaming quotes are provided throughout the app. Overall, for everyday investors, Firstrade for Windows provides a reliable experience that will satisfy the majority.
Charting provides a clean experience, where an impressive 81 technical studies are available for stock charts. Also, options chains allow you to create multi-legged positions using the Order Basket and the integrated risk/reward profile shows your maximum gain or loss, which I found quite useful.
The Firstrade for Windows mobile app includes intuitive swipe actions, a consolidated portfolio dashboard and upgraded research with advanced charting capabilities. The app instantly syncs with desktop platforms, and users can trade, transfer funds among accounts, view order history and create a watchlist to follow trading opportunities. The app is available on both Android and iOS.
- Complete control over multiple accounts
- Intuitive, user-friendly buy/sell interface enabling trades in seconds
- All products and services consolidated in one account
- Ability to instantly review portfolio dashboard
- Real-time market data and newsfeed
- Transfer funds to and from your banking institution
- Access to financial research, data, and event calendars
- Charts can be converted to landscape mode with indicator overlays
- Commission-free stock, ETF and options trades.
- $0 contract fee on options trades.
- All mutual funds are commission-free.
- Chinese language options.
- No 24/7 customer support.
- Limited functionality in web and mobile platforms beyond order entry and rudimentary charting
- No forex, crypto, futures, or futures options trading
How to Install the Firstrade app on Windows and Mac
- You will need an Android emulator for that I will recommend the BlueStacks or NoxPlayer
- Run the EXE file on your PC to complete the installation of the emulator.
- Open the emulator and look for the PlayStore app on the home screen and click on it
- You will be required to log in using your Google ID to access the PlayStore features.
- Search for the Firstrade app, click on the install button.
- The app is now downloaded on the PC and you can use it from the home of the emulator.
You can use the Firstrade app on your smartphone as well.