Table of Contents
Download the Escapists app on your PC. The Escapists is a unique prison escape sandbox game where you get to experience a life behind bars and barbed wire fences. You’ve had a life of crime but now you’re caught.
What is the Escapists PC app?
The Escapists for PC is a strategy game played from a top-down perspective. The game was developed by Mouldy Toof Studios and following a Steam Early Access release in 2014, was released in 2015 for Microsoft Windows, macOS, Linux, Xbox 360, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4. It was released on iOS and Android in 2017. A Nintendo Switch version of the game containing all downloadable content was released in 2018. Players assume the role of an inmate and must escape from prisons of increasing difficulty.
In The Escapists for Windows app, the player, who assumes the role of a prisoner, must escape from six primary prisons ranging from very easy to very hard. Each time a prison is escaped the next prison is unlocked. There are additional prisons released as downloadable content (DLC) which can be played in any order regardless of the player’s progress.
The prison is situated on an island. The main building of the prison is constituted of 24 cells, two blocks of 12 cells separated by the main central corridor. Each block is constituted of four rows of three cells separated by utility corridors in a cross pattern. The four cells most on the right, from the bottom, are unoccupied.
South of the cell block, from East to West, are the Barracks, the Parlor, and the Infirmary. On the West is the Exercise room, which also contains the Library. North of this room are the three solitary cells.
There are two exits on the North of the building, each protected by a Scanner :
- the left one, closed by a purple door, leads to an inner yard, surrounded by a high wall. From there, there is a corridor on the left, protected by an electrified fence, leading to a small room, then a second double corridor, north, to another building, the Job Center (Woodshop, Tailor room, Janitor room, and the Employment office).
- the central one, roughly aligned with the main corridor, leads to a small lobby, with three doors: a small (empty) storage room on the left, a corridor to the Showers on the right, and the Cafeteria on the top.
Tools are good for you
In the Escapists for PC app You’ll get nowhere without tools, or items to craft them. Don’t be afraid to use your spare time to loot the desks of fellow prisoners. May as well keep your criminal kills sharply while you’re inside, after all.
Look out for things like duct tape, files, wires and magazines. You can rarely have too many of those items. Don’t overlook the usefulness of plastic forks, spoons and knives from the canteen tray either. Each one of those can be used to slowly chip away at walls (forks,) the ground (spoons,) and fences (knives.) None of the plastic utensils count as contraband, so you can wander around with as many as you can carry, and stash them without concern.
Protect Your Stash
The problem with plastic utensils is that they’re slow and break incredibly easily. Sooner or later you’ll be creating some basic cutters (combine two files and some duct tape) or wandering around with a purchased screwdriver. These things are contraband which means if you get caught with them in your possession you’re going to be in trouble. Your stuff will be confiscated, and you’ll probably wind up in solitary confinement for a few days.
How to Install the Escapists app on Windows and Mac
- You will need to install an Android emulator on your PC, I will recommend the BlueStacks and NoxPlayer emulator.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation of the emulator on your PC.
- Open the emulator and look for the PlayStore app on the home screen
- Search for the Escapists app and click on the install button
- Finally log in with your Google ID to start the download process for the app
You can also use the Escapists app on your smartphone for 6.49$