How to use Edmodo for PC Free – Windows 10, Mac
Table of Contents
Edmodo on PC app gives teachers the tools to share engaging lessons, keep parents updated, and build a vibrant classroom community.
What is Edmodo PC app
Edmodo for PC is a free learning management platform that merges classroom content, safe communication, and assessment with social media savvy. Need some new ideas? Look no further than the professional development community, and get suggestions from other professionals. The interface can be busy with notifications and community postings, so teachers will want to come up with strategies to manage these potential time stealers.
Students and parents can get quick answers to questions as well as stay current on class assignments and happenings via the student planner and discussion threads. Post a warm-up question, or take a quick poll to get student input on the day’s topic or to quickly assess understanding.
How can the Teachers benefit from it
Save time by using teacher-created assessments, and let Edmodo for Windows do some or all of the grading for you. Collect, grade, and return student essays virtually, perhaps using an outside feedback tool such as Floop to promote student collaboration. Or use the teacher and student planner feature to efficiently manage assignments and deadlines.
Edmodo is a free Facebook-like learning management system (LMS) that teachers can use to manage online instruction. Teachers can create an account, classes, and their first assignment or quiz within minutes and can invite students and parents to join them via class code, email, or handout. Once students join, they can see content, manage deadlines, receive and submit assignments, and interact with the teacher and other classmates by participating in activities and writing posts that include embedded files, links, and media.
Teachers can see all posts and can moderate content or put class members on read-only mode. Users can share documents, links, video, and images using the drag-and-drop feature, integrating files from Google and Microsoft accounts. Teachers can also use the Discover page to find apps, games, and student-focused news to add to their assignments. Plus, the Reports feature allows teachers to track assignment completion and grades.
Interaction for teachers and students
While the design of Edmodo PC app is fairly basic, the opportunities to reach and engage students are plentiful for teachers who design thoughtful instruction, give responsive feedback, and commit to providing students with rich educational resources and experiences.
The online discussion forums may encourage less vocal students to share and give more reserved students a low-stress way to respond to prompts and benefit from peer input. Quick formative assessments and conversation-starting prompts provide students and teachers immediate feedback and can help teachers to improve instruction by identifying struggling or disengaged learners more quickly.
As with any social media forum, teachers will need to monitor student posts and communication for appropriateness, but overall, this safe, easy-to-navigate site provides a platform for teachers to engage in sound instructional design and a user-friendly way for parents to monitor their child’s progress.
Naturally, teachers can do more from the stream than students or their parents can. They can filter posts by social proximity (connections, as opposed to connections of connections), author (themselves or their students), or post type. Posts take a variety of forms, including notes that contain attachments, such as links or files. With a new group copy feature, educators can repurpose an entire group’s posts and resources to jumpstart a subsequent class.
Edmodo offers several benefits, including:
- Unlimited storage so teachers won’t have to worry about clearing out space
- Integration with Microsoft Office and Google Apps for Education, so users won’t have to remember passwords for individual sites (a new feature)
- Global teacher collaboration for support, answers and ideas for topics, lessons, and issues
- Anywhere, anytime access via dedicated mobile apps
- Security and privacy tools such as private groups and the ability to track members’ activity
- Parental access to students’ homework, tests, grades, and classroom announcements
- Collaboration features for parents
- Facebook-like interface with a promising new Messaging feature.
- Student, Teacher, and Parent views.
- Useful third-party integrations.
- Spotlight makes sharing resources simple.
- Lacks rigorous assessment-management tools.
- While the platform integrates with various Student Information Systems, it does not support Learning Tools Interoperability (LTI).
How to Install Edmodo app on Windows and Mac
- Install the BlueStacks or NoxPlayer emulator on your PC
- You will then complete the installation process of the emulator by following the on screen instructions
- After the installation is complete, open the emulator
- On the home screen there is a PlayStore app icon, click on it to open
- Search for the Edmodo app
- Click on the install button to complete the download process
Use the app on your smartphone as well, open the PlayStore and download the app or you can just follow this LINK