DuckDuckGo Browser for PC- How to use free on Windows 10, Mac
Table of Contents
Download the DuckDuckGo Browser app on PC. It has the speed you need, the browsing features you expect (like tabs & bookmarks), and comes packed with best-in-class privacy essentials.
What is the DuckDuckGo Browser PC app
When you click a link through DuckDuckGo, it redirects that request so the destination site doesn’t receive your search terms. The site will still know that you visited it, but it won’t know what search term you entered to get there
it’s a myth that you need to track people to make money in web search. When you search ‘car’ we can show you a car ad without knowing anything about you. That’s how we make money and it doesn’t involve tracking because it is based on the keyword and not the person. Google could do this too; they just chose not to— all that tracking is to power their ad networks so that ads can follow you around the Internet using your search history and other information they have on you.
What it Offers
In a world where “google” is a verb and is listed in the dictionary, other search engines don’t get much attention. But DuckDuckGo Browser app is gaining popularity as people become more aware of privacy concerns related to Internet searches. It seems to work just as well as Google, albeit without many bells and whistles.
It no longer seems paranoid to be concerned about privacy issues, and, as the online climate changes, it’s nice to have another option for searching the Web. However, its cute interface may lead some parents to erroneously think it’s a kid-friendly browser. Although DuckDuckGo For Windows is safer than other search engines, it does not protect or prevent kids from going to any website they desire.
In addition to blocking ad trackers, the app forces HTTPS on sites that have it but for whatever reason didn’t serve you the encrypted page. The experience felt much like browsing the web on iOS’s Safari, but with the additional benefit of being able to see what ad trackers were shut down on each website we visited. The app also blocked some display ads, which was an added bonus.
Features of DuckDuckGo Browser
- The new app and browser extension unmasks and blocks trackers: 76% of pages have Google trackers and 24% have Facebook ones. When you go to a website, DuckDuckGo will identify these trackers and – based on their presence – provide a privacy rating from A to F. It also blocks the trackers, so you can browse with peace of mind.
- don’t compromise your security
With a built-in tracker network blocker, private search facilities, and smart encryption, you can use the browser extension and mobile app without wondering if anyone is tracking you.
- The new extension makes it super easy to use.
Before the DuckDuckGo Browser plugin, a decent privacy solution required installing several add-ons and complicated technologies that made internet browsing slow and difficult. Combining the classic DuckDuckGo search features with the new extension (available on Chrome, Firefox, and Safari) and the app (available on iOS and Android) you can seamlessly experience a safer internet.
How to Install the DuckDuckGo Browser app on Windows and Mac
- You will need an Android emulator on your PC, I will recommend the BlueStacks or NoxPlayer
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
- Open the PlayStore app from the home screen of the emulator.
- Search for the DuckDuckGo app, click on the install button.
- You will then be required to log in using your Google ID to start the download process.
Also you can use this browser app on your smartphone as well, follow this LINK.