Download Free Venmo PC app- Windows 10, Mac
Download the Venmo app on PC and pay your friends back for the drinks, or gift them some cash while being on your PC
it is partly a digital wallet, partly a social media feed. The app asks for comments on every transaction, and these comments are posted, newsfeed-style, for friends to browse. People use this comment box to post amusing stories and inside jokes. Venmo adds an element of fun to pay a friend back for dinner last night. There are also privacy settings that allow users to control which transactions, if any, are visible
What Is Venmo for Windows?
Venmo is a peer-to-peer (P2P) payment app available on iPhones and Android phones that allows for the quick and easy exchange of money directly between individuals. Founded in 2009, Venmo began as a text message-based payment delivery system. Then, in March 2012, the company introduced a platform with an integrated social network, in an effort to capitalize on the growing P2P economy.
Less than six months later, Braintree, the mobile payment system utilized by Airbnb, Uber, and other e-commerce giants, acquired Venmo for $26.2 million. Less than one year after that, The service enjoyed a substantial boost in users, when the payment company PayPal Holdings Inc. acquired Braintree for $800 million and rapidly monetized The service user base.
Part of its appeal is that it replaces the impersonal, private transacting that happens on PayPal with a network of friends. Venmo’s website even explicitly states that the service is “designed for payments between friends and people who trust each other.” With a system designed to emulate cash payments, transfers between Venmo accounts are instantaneous and cannot be undone: paying the wrong person means asking nicely that they return your money and hoping they do. The company can also intercede, but the recipient must consent to the refund.
Venmo, on the other hand, is good at what it does. It replaces cash when you owe friend money. You can’t pay Netflix Inc. with Venmo, but you can pay your roommate your half of the Netflix bill. The company has also branched out into traditional banking services, albeit in a more limited capacity than PayPal.
The app owned by PayPal has become the default way millions of Americans settle a check, pay a friend back for coffee, or buy a concert ticket off Craigslist. Writers have argued that Venmoing makes us petty and that the app has nearly killed cash. Fewer have questioned whether it’s the best service for exchanging money or storing sensitive banking information.
How to Download Venmo for PC or MAC:
- Before anything else, you’ll have to download either the Nox app Player android emulator or BlueStacks on your PC from the download option made available at the beginning of this page.
- Begin the process of installing BlueStacks App player simply by opening up the installer when the download process is finished.
- Once you see “Install” on-screen, click on it to start with the final install process and then click “Finish” after its finally over.
- Open up BlueStacks emulator through the windows start menu or desktop shortcut.
- To install Venmo for pc, you must assign BlueStacks Android emulator with a Google account.
- Lastly, you will be taken to google play-store page this lets you do a search for the app using the search bar and install Venmo for PC or Computer.
Venmo for PC is free to use, however, businesses are not allowed to use the service – it is often limited to personal use only. Some merchant services, such as Uber or Lyft drivers may be paid with the app. Credit card payments linked to it are subject to the 3% percent transaction fee that the card company charges, but debit card payments and transfers from a user’s balance cost nothing.