Table of Contents
There are many Android emulators that claim to be working for the macOS. But to be honest, the only emulator that works the best with any version of macOS is the BlueStacks. The best thing about Bluestacks is that it has finally been updated for the macOS. Now you can download the latest BlueStacks 4.1 for macOS including the latest macOS Catalina. Before you run it, let me give you a brief introduction of BlueStacks (for the starters) and also what’s new in the latest update.
BlueStacks 4.1 for macOS – FINALLY!
Running Android OS on a Windows PC makes a lot of sense, but running Android on mac? Well, it may sound weird, but the BlueStacks emulator allows you to do that. It may be the only Android emulator that runs smoothly on the macOS. You can play all of your favorite Android games, run favorite Android apps/tools on your macOS-powered computer now.
For about 7 years, the BlueStacks stayed at its basic version for the macOS. The emulator was updated to its version 2 in 2015, but only for the Windows PCs. The BlueStacks 2 was the biggest overhaul in the history of BlueStacks. Windows users did enjoy the latest update, but the Mac users were completely ignored. Until October 2018, the mac users relied on the old version of BlueStacks before the developers finally upgraded it. As of today, the Mac users have the same version of the BlueStacks that the Windows users have i.e. BlueStacks 4.1. This latest BlueStacks 4.1 is running on the Android Oreo, which makes it compatible with most of the Android apps. Android 8.0 Oreo is also more efficient and secure.
How BlueStacks works?
The BlueStacks emulator uses Virtual Technology to emulate a vritual Android tablet inside your computer. When you launch this software, it looks like a tab hanging on the screen of your computer. You may not be able to touch this tablet with your hands, but you can definitely unleash the real power of Android. The BlueStacks was built in 2011 to allow Android users or the non-Android users to run Android games and apps on their computers.
The basic idea behind this tool was to enjoy Android-exclusive apps and games on other ecosystems. With BlueStacks, you can experience the HD graphics of popular smartphone games on a big screen of your computer. BlueStacks also took away the storage problems, the battery issues, and made it much easy to play games with the Mouse & Keyboard support. It is among the most versatile software as it gives extended controls to the users. Just like you configure an Android device, you will have to configure the BlueStacks too.
Gone are the days when BlueStacks was just an app to somehow launch the Android apps on a PC. It has extended controls today which help it become a complete package. In the toolbar of the BlueStacks, you can find the full-screen button, the screen recorder, the media button, keymapping, cursor control, screenshot, macro recorder, location, shake, and rotate button.
If a certain game requires you to shake your Android device or rotate it, the rotate and shake buttons will do the job for you. BlueStacks also has a profile system. You can create a profile to interact with other members of the BlueStacks community. It also has a reward system for the profile holders. Players to complete certain tasks with specific games to earn the BlueStacks coins.
Why do you need BlueStacks?
- Run Android-only Apps/Tools on macOS.
- Enjoy Android Games on a bigger screen.
- Experience better sound with the speakers of your computer.
- No Storage & Battery problems.
- Mouse & Keyboard give you a great edge over other players in FPS & Battle Royale Games.
- It’s easy to play racing games with the Keyboard buttons too.
- Ability to change the graphics/performance/FPS rate in the settings.
- Multi-instance feature – launch as many instances of BlueStacks at the same time.
- No need to buy an Android phone just for games, if you own an iPhone, use Bluetacks to experience Android.
For Windows, you can download BlueStacks from here.
BlueStacks 4.1 for macOS Requirements
- Mac OS Sierra, High Sierra, Mojave, Catalina
- 4GB RAM
- 4GB Hard Disk Space.
- You must have admin rights on your computer.
- Updated Graphics driver.
- Updated/Latest macOS version.
Download BlueStacks 4.1 for macOS
- After downloading, install the BlueStacks by launching the DMG file.
- If the file asks for any permissions, allow it.
- Once installed, open BlueStacks and log in using your old/new Google Account.
- Now open the Google Play Store inside the BlueStacks and install any app/game.
- Start using BlueStacks now.