Table of Contents
Download the Coinbase app on PC. It allows you to securely buy, store and sell cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Ethereum Classic, Litecoin, and many more on our easy, user-friendly app.
What is the Coinbase PC app
With over 13.3M active users, there are few exchanges that are as trusted and reliable as Coinbase. If you want to buy cryptocurrencies with your fiat money Coinbase may be the exchange for you. Coinbase for PC is a digital currency broker exchange where you can buy and trade Bitcoin and a few other cryptos. It is different from traditional cryptocurrency exchanges because it allows you to buy crypto using fiat currencies.
Coinbase is considered one of the biggest crypto-broker exchanges in the world! They hold over $20 billion in assets and over $50 billion in crypto has been traded using its platform since it was founded in San Francisco, California in 2012.
The Platform actually has two core products; a broker exchange and a professional trading platform named GDAX. However, the two can be used independently from one another.
One rule that you should follow with any exchange is that you should never store your Bitcoin or other cryptos on an exchange. After you buy crypto from the app, you need to move it to a wallet you control that is off of Coinbase for Windows. there are a lot of hackers that would love to steal all the coins off of Coinbase (and every other exchange). While the Coinbase PC app has never suffered a hack, that doesn’t mean they never will. If they do get hacked, you are unlikely to ever get your coins back.
- Variety of altcoin choices: The app offers over 25 cryptocurrencies for investment, trading, and also staking.
- Simple user interface: It is perhaps one of the easiest on-ramps to crypto investing. It is easy to sign up and buy cryptocurrencies within a matter of minutes. It also has a learning program that pays users cryptocurrency to learn more about how cryptocurrency works.
- High liquidity: the app consistently ranks among highly liquid exchanges. This protects the investor from serious price slippage in an already volatile market.
- High fees: The platform has high fees compared to some of its largest competitors. Many newcomers who use the standard Coinbase for PC platform will be subject to these fees unless they use Coinbase Pro instead. Coinbase Pro is free to switch to and has lower fees and more features that could be overwhelming to new crypto traders.
- Users do not control their own wallet keys: This is consistent with many centralized exchanges but it still remains a con for all of them. When a user purchases cryptocurrency on an exchange it is stored in a wallet that the platform has control over. This means that the user does not have full autonomous control over their holdings which, in essence, is against the ethos of decentralized currency or finance. This can be avoided if the investor withdraws their currency to their own personal wallet, preferably a hard wallet.
- Not a large enough variety of Coins: Coinbase has a great variety of solid altcoin options for newer investors to dabble with, but those interested in seriously trading altcoins will not find too many here.
Cryptocurrencies Available on Coinbase
Coinbase has a solid number of options to invest and trade in and has plans to add more to the list. The following currencies are listed right now:
- Bitcoin Cash
- Bitcoin Satoshi’s Vision
- Stellar Lumens
- USD Coin
- Ethereum Classic
- Basic Attention Token
- Kyber Network
- Band Protocol
How to use the Coinbase app on Windows and Mac
- You will need to install an Android emulator on your PC, I will recommend the BlueStacks or NoxPlayer.
- Run the Exe file on your PC and follow the instructions to complete the installation process.
- Open the PlayStore app from the home screen of the emulator.
- Serach for the Coinbase app.
- Click on the install button, now you will be asked to give your Google ID to start the download process.
You can use the app on your smartphone as well to buy and sell the cryptocurrency, follow this LINK.