Install Free Canvas Student for PC app – Windows 10, Mac
Table of Contents
Download the Canvas Student app on PC and submit your assignments or keep track of your work from your PC. In this article we will be discussing how you can get the app for your Windows PC
What Is Canvas on PC app?
Canvas is a course management system that supports online learning and teaching. It allows professors to post grades, information, and assignments online. It is being used by universities and colleges all over the world. It is used at Rio Hondo College to create online courses, to replace some of the normal time spent in the traditional classroom (“hybrid” or “blended”) or to supplement traditional classes (“web-enhanced”). While online and hybrid courses are clearly indicated in the schedule of classes, web-enhanced courses are not.
Canvas Student PC app offers discussion boards for asynchronous discussions, chat rooms for live discussions, centralized email (Canvas Conversations), so you can stay in touch with your instructor and communicate with other students, and even a way to submit assignments and take exams. The platform provides you with a password-protected online classroom in which you will submit your work and communicate with your instructor and classmates.
Note that your instructor uses the tools provided by the platform to create his or her own virtual classroom, so just as your face-to-face courses vary significantly, so will your online courses. Becoming familiar with the environment and its tools is the first step in succeeding in your online course.
Canvas Student app provides the tools to support online learning in a variety of ways. This can range from structured learning pathways to dynamic, interactive virtual classrooms. How a course is presented online depends on the content and complexity of the learning material, and the delivery methodology used by the instructor.
What you can do on the Canvas Student PC app
- View grades and course content
- Submit assignments
- Keep track of course work with to-do list and calendar
- Send and receive messages
- Post to discussions
- Watch videos
- Take quizzes
- Receive push notifications for new grades and course updates, and much more
How to Install Canvas Student app on Windows and Mac
- Download an Android Emulator on your PC, I recommend BlueStacks and NoxPlayer
- Complete the Installation on your PC by following the instructions
- Launch the emulator, you will be asked to give your Google Id
- Open the PlayStore app already installed on your emulator
- Now Search for the Canvas Student app
- Click on the install button and start managing your courses from your Laptop
- Communication with professors.
- Hosting online materials.
- If you send a message to a teacher, there is no record of the message until they write you back.
- The Zoom features are confusing.
- Not all of the teachers are as tech-savvy as the students. This is user error, but more training would be helpful.