Use Arlo for PC Free – Windows 10, Mac
Table of Contents
Download the Arlo app on PC, with this app security devices make it simple to protect and connect what matters most.
Stream live video, play recorded clips, easily arm and disarm your system, and stay aware of what’s happening
What is Arlo and its PC app
It started out as Netgear, a California-based networking company that manufactures internet modems and routers. In 2018, Netgear molded Arlo off as its own company called Arlo Technologies.
The Platform differentiates itself from other security camera makers by focusing on completely wire-free outdoor cameras with strong wireless connectivity enabled through a central hub called the Arlo Smart Hub. It’s also a leader in machine learning technology, which provides a variety of “smart” features. For example, Its cameras can distinguish between people, vehicles, animals, and packages. The company has a full line of smart home camera-enabled devices, including wire-free smart Wi-Fi and LTE-enabled cameras, audio and video doorbells, wired indoor cameras, and smart security lights.
Core features of Arlo for Windows app
While there are slight variations in the execution of core features, every camera can do these things:
- The app allows you to access and control your cameras using your smartphone.
- Night vision uses infrared light so your Arlo cameras can see and record in the dark. Models like the Arlo Essential Spotlight, Pro 4, and Ultra 2 also have a bright LED light for color video at night.
- Motion detection allows the cameras to save battery power by recording only when there’s motion in front of the camera.
- Two-way audio allows you to speak with people near the camera, which is perfect for checking on the kids during your lunch break.
How to set up the camera with Arlo for Windows app
- Installing the Essential camera is easy. You have to download the mobile app, create an account, and charge the camera first.
- After that, I opened the app, tapped Add New Device, selected Essential in the Cameras tab, and selected the Essential Spotlight Camera.
- On the next screen, you are given the choice to add the camera to my hub or connect it to my network without a hub. I selected the latter and followed the instructions to make sure my phone was connected to a 2.4GHz network.
- enter your Wi-Fi password, press the Sync button for two seconds, and hold the QR code that appeared on your phone in front of the camera until you hear the camera chime.
- tap Continue and the app found the camera within 20 seconds. give it a name and it is immediately added to my Arlo and Alexa accounts.
How to Install Arlo App On Windows and Mac
- To begin, Install the BlueStacks emulator on your PC.
- Run the .exe file on your PC to complete the installation of the emulator.
- Open the emulator and look for the PlayStore app on the home screen
- Search for the Arlo app and locate it, click on the install button
- You will be asked to give your Google ID
- Now the download will start and you can use the app on your PC.
Download the app on your smartphone by following this LINK.