How to use Free Amazon Alexa for PC- Windows 10, Mac
Table of Contents
Use the Amazon Alexa App on PC. To set up your Alexa-enabled devices, listen to music, create shopping lists, get news updates, and much more. You can use this app on your Windows and Mac PC and Laptop as well.
Why the Amazon Alexa PC app
Alexa, Amazon‘s artificially intelligent voice assistant, is massively popular, with more and more useful Alexa skills rolling out every day. Today, you’ll find it in robots, vacuum cleaners, not to mention thousands of third-party apps that use Alexa for voice recognition. While voice search features were once limited to a few flagship smartphones, the Amazon Alexa for PC app brings these features to many Android devices and iPhones in some form.
You can personalize the way that Alexa works on all of your supported devices by installing Amazon’s Alexa for Windows app via the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store.
If you’ve never used an Alexa-enabled device before, it’s worth taking a few minutes to customize it. Tap the three-line menu icon in the bottom-right corner of the screen to access the following:
- Routines: Amazon Alexa lets you set up a series of actions to perform at specific times or under specific circumstances so you can use a single command to turn on lights, switch on a radio station, turn up the heat, and other actions with a single command. The app recommends featured sequences like “Alexa, good morning” and “Alexa, I’m home,”
- Reminder & Alarms: You can add an alarm directly from the app or adjust alarms and timers you’ve set using your Alexa-supported device — for example, cancel or make adjustments to a timer.
- Lists & Notes: Here’s where you’ll see items you’ve added (via voice command) to your Amazon shopping and to-do list from the Alexa app.
- Skills & Games: You can browse, enable, and manage the thousands of third-party apps that extend Alexa’s functionality from categories like Business & Finance, Food & Drink Health & Fitness, and many more. See which ones you’ve installed by tapping the Your skills button in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Settings: This menu lets you set up your profile, location, and preferences like Music & Podcasts, TV & Video, Sports, Reminders, Photos, Notifications, and more.
Pick a Device to Set Up
You need an Amazon account to use the Amazon Alexa PC app, but you don’t need Amazon Prime. Sign in on the app. Then click the hamburger menu on the lower right and select Add a Device. Here you can add any number of Alexa-supported devices to your account, from smart lights to smart plugs. But we’re focused on Echo devices, so tap Amazon Echo; at the next screen, tap the Echo device you want to set up. You’ll get a list of every type of Echo that ever existed since 2014, even the discontinued devices, like Echo Tap and Echo Input.
Back in the Alexa app, you’ll see a list of available Wi-Fi networks as seen by your phone or tablet; pick your preferred Wi-Fi network. Enter the Wi-Fi password when asked, if you have one. (You should really put a password on the Wi-Fi.) Once all the info has been sent to the device, Alexa will say “Your Echo is ready,” and the orange lights go out.
How to Install Amazon Alexa app on Windows and Mac
- You will need to install an Android emulator on your PC, I will recommend the BlueStacks or NoxPlayer
- After the file is downloaded complete the installation process by following the on-screen instructions.
- Open the emulator and look for the PlayStore app on the home screen.
- Log in using your Google ID
- Search for the Amazon Alexa app, click on the install button.
- Now the app is downloaded on your PC and you can setup your amazon echo speakers from your PC.
Also you can use this app on your smartphone as well, just download it from this LINK