Table of Contents
Download the Albert app on PC. Build savings, meet bills, end the overspending cycle and develop your financial IQ, right from the palm of your hand. Use the app on Windows PC now.
What is the Albert PC app
One of the keys to being successful with money is to have a strong money system in place. You’ll find that once you’ve done that, money just seems to build up without you even realizing it.
Albert for PC is a full-featured financial monitoring app (like Mint or Personal Capital). You link up all of your accounts and it can then track your net worth, your account balances, and all of that other good stuff. Pretty standard stuff in the world of fintech. It also has a feature called Albert Genius, which acts as some sort of financial advisor type thing. Albert Genius is not free and instead, works on a pay-what-you-want model.
Like other budgeting and personal finance apps, Albert for Windows has a built-in budgeting and financial tracking feature. The budgets are set using algorithms, but the platform has done a great job of simplifying its algorithm. It offers the following categories:
- Recurring bills
- Everything else
- It’s free: Unlike Digit, which costs $2.99 a month after a 30-day free trial, there’s no extra charge to use Smart Savings.
- The money is safe: Any money in savings is held in FDIC-insured banks, which offers peace of mind. The company doesn’t specify which banks it uses but each customer is insured up to $250,000.
- It doesn’t offer interest, but it does make transfers easy: The biggest downside I found is that, because Albert is not a bank, it can’t issue interest. It does offer users monthly “bonuses,” though. If you’re a regular app user, you get 25 cents on every $100 in your savings account.
Albert for Windows focuses its attention on the “Everything Else” category by giving you a free to spend number (and the amount of time the money will need to last). The budget feature even allows users to adjust their budget if they have a variable income. The adjustments aren’t perfect, but they can make an inconsistent monthly income easier to manage.
- Proves you can save money
- Possible to save toward multiple goals
- Albert Genius uses human connections
- Smart Savings withdrawals can be anxiety-inducing
- Takes a year to earn any savings bonus
- Can’t access your money immediately
What does it Cost
The dramatic majority of Albert’s services are 100% free. However, Albert charges $4-$6 per month for the use of it’s Genius platform. The Genius platform gives you unlimited access to a human who can help answer questions tailored to your situation.
I’ve long believed that the human element of money and finance is critical. And I applaud Albert’s introduction of humans into the world of apps. I think the Genius service will give many people a gentle shove in the right direction towards financial wellness.
How to Install the Albert app on Windows and Mac
- You will need an Android emulator on your PC, I will recommend the BlueStacks or NoxPlayer.
- Complete the installation of the emulator by following the on-screen instructions.
- Open the PlayStore app from the home screen of the emulator.
- You will need to log in using your Google ID, it will give you access to the PlayStore features.
- Search for the Albert app, click on the install button.
You can use the app on your smartphone as well, just follow this LINK.