Table of Contents
USe the Agoda app on your PC. The Agoda app is your best tool for finding and booking the very best deals on any kind of accommodation or flights, anywhere in the world.
What is the Agoda PC app?
Whenever you travel to a new city or country, you must find a clean and safe place to sleep on your very first night. This is especially difficult if your flight arrives late at night and you suddenly find yourself in a brand new city after dark.
Agoda for PC app usually lists over 200+ places to stay depending on which city you are currently in. This not only saves you a lot of time but lets you compare similar rooms side by side. They also list all the amenities and key information you need to make an honest decision about a room.
How does it Work?
Next, Agoda for Windows will show you a list of recommended rooms but I prefer to sort the results from lowest to highest price by clicking the “Price low to high” feature. Why? Because you can sometimes find excellent rooms for up to 80% off.
To further refine your results, use the sorting options on the left hand size to filter listings based on price, amenties, facilities, and property types. You can quickly search for hotels under $50 per night or find cheap hostels without going through every search result manually.
Tips on How to Find Rooms Using Agoda
Here’s a few key tips on how to properly use Agoda so you get the best value for your money:
- Use flexible dates: Friday and Saturday are the hardest days to book while you can find hidden deals if you are flexible with your dates.
- Book low rates for several days: If you find a low rate, try to extend your booking for as long as possible. The same room may be much more expensive tomorrow.
- Try hostels for late-night bookings: If you arrive in a city well after midnight (12 AM) then it makes no sense to spend a lot of money when you have to check out at 12 pm the next day. Spend a night in a hostel to save money then book a more expensive room later.
- Try 5 am to 7 am for the lowest prices: If you wake up early in the morning, you will find the best Agoda deals while nobody else is awake. The worst time to book a room is around 12 pm (it’s very close to checkout times).
Why is it cheaper?
Booking.com uses the Agency model, this means the website is a place where hotels list their offers and booking.com gets a commission with every booking done through their website.
On the other hand, Agoda for Windows uses the Merchant model in addition to the Agency model, meaning that in some cases they actually buy the hotel rooms from the hotels directly (in bulk), then offer them at a competitive price. I think they do that a lot with Asian Hotels.
That’s why sometimes Agoda is cheaper, other than that it’s just a psychological effect because they show prices per night and tax-exclusive, which gives the impression that their prices are less.
One more thing, Booking Holdings (the company that owns both Booking.com and Agoda) is doing a great job, they are doing a business trick where people think that both sites are major players which are competing with each other, so customers think they must choose between one of them, whatever customers choose the company earns money. This is called “self-competition” in the business world. It’s also called “The Illusion of Choice”
How to Install the Agoda app on Windows and Mac
- You will need to install an Android emulator app on your PC, I will recommend the BlueStacks or NoxPlayer.
- Complete the installation of the emulator on your PC, just follow the on-screen instructions.
- Open the PlayStore app from the home screen of the emulator.
- You will need to log in using your Google ID, it will give you access to the app features.
- Search for the Agoda app and click on the install button.
You can also use the Agoda app on your smartphone as well.